Sign in to follow this  
Guest allblack

Finally done it!

Guest allblack

Like many here, I eagerly followed and awaited the release of the 747 last year, and followed with great interest the challenging times for PMDG post-release.I've read this forum often, and kept on putting off the purchase as there seemed to be many 'issues' surrounding this aircraft. I even went to the Dark Side, and bought the LDS767 to satisfy my yearning for something bigger than the 737-series.And what a great plane that is.But the PMDG 737 introduced me to life outside the default aircraft, and like an impressionable teenager after his first 'contact' with a member of the opposite sex, the memory has never gone away.So, if Aerosoft (did they take over PC Aviator?) do their stuff, in 6-10 days the 747 (I REFUSE to use the 'Q'-word)will be pride of place on my PC.My only hope is that I'm not one of the 0.000000000003% that have problems PMDG say they can't fix, or if they can then I don't have the requisite PC skills or nous to know how.Two hopes actually! The 747 has a 'quick-fly' option like the 767 for those times you can't be stuffed going through the start-up process ;)Now, off to PMDG to make sure there's an Air New Zealand repaint! Probably should have checked that first aye!If the wife ever finds out I just spent NZ$100.00 on a plane, then I guess my lawyers will arrange to sell it on ebay and give the proceeds to my estate...CheersTimNZWN

It is a fantastic simulation, with only a few small issues that do not detract from the overall enjoyment of using it.You will be pleased to know that there is an Air NZ livery and the reg is ZK-SUH. If you are a purist it is a GE powered aircraft....and yes it does fit into Wellington on a calm day!!!!!CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

>If the wife ever finds out I just spent NZ$100.00 on a plane, then I guess my lawyers will arrange to sell it on ebay and give the proceeds to my estate...Three words, my friend - Secret Credit Card. :-)Welcome to the 744 team from a fellow Wellingtonian! Nice to know there are others out there.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

>Welcome to the 744 team from a fellow Wellingtonian! Nice to>know there are others out there.And likewise, from another fellow Wellingtonian. Kinda scary just how many of us there are.:-)

Guest Chris1973

I hope you won't regret your purchase. I do. Compared to the LD767, the PMDG 747 is still just unfinished.

I wonder what the total count is actually. Any others?

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

>I hope you won't regret your purchase. I do. Compared to the>LD767, the PMDG 747 is still just unfinished.care to explain what you mean by unfinished?

Guest allblack

Mike/David,Gidday. There is one more I know of - bloke by the name of...Mike Ruane...I think.Seen him pop up here every so often.Three, potentially four, Hurricanes supporters in one thread. Spooky stuff.Tim