Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcstuan

Stalling problem in the 747

Guest jcstuan

HeiToday as before, I keep stalling my PMDG 747. This is from my atempt to cross the pond today.probasv65cf.jpgprob3aw.pngI am running, ASv6, BAV ACARS besides F9. Does someone have a clue what I can do to not stall the aircraft..Johan Christian

Guest The_Glideslope

I'm no expert here, but I think this is bad programming of the FMC in the weights and/or speed page.Check your weight balance and CG.Also check your speed-brakes... just in case...I'm no expert here, but whenever this things happens you should hit TOGA. It's very strange that at 33000 you get Caution speeds at 230 kts and with full thrust, it looks like the speedbrakes are out or even the gear...Could not reproduce this in my computer without Gear, Spoilers or flaps engaged.

Guest fjbicrf

One thing that the screenshot doesn't show is how much fuel that you have on board. What is the weight of the cargo? What is the total fuel weight? It could be that the aircraft is too heavy to be flying at that altitude. Maybe try an initial cruise of say FL280 and see how that works.Just some thoughts.Fred Bray

Guest The_Glideslope

Exactly! MTOW! But the airplane wouldn't even climb there, I'm affraid. This leads to another thing I remember.Did you add fuel quantity/weight AFTER FMC weights and balance programming? Speeds are set to a certain weight, if changed they need to be updated before leaving the ground (in fact before APU or engine start due to fuel consumption) or else the airplane will be trying to fly on lower weight calculations.Lack of Fuel can't be an issue since the engines are at full RPM and there is no EICAS warning. Did you clear any messages on the EICAS?I also noticed that you are flying with an head-wind of 44kts, make a test with no winds. Just is case Active Sky got nutty up there...

Guest D17S

Your "early warning system" was that thrust was all the way up against the EICAS thrust limit. Thrust was at EICAS limit long before the stall occurred, it just isn't something we know to look for. If you see this, do something! Doom is just a dinner break away. Airspeed will slowly bleed off until the stickshaker . . . interrupts your last bite of filet.Here

Looks like the incorrect ZFW has been entered into the FMC. As Sam has pointed out the thrust is as high as it can go (although the ref should be CLB not CRZ). It appears there is a step climb about 450nm away which would not be correct in this situation. Check your weights first. Be aware of loading panel states as this will also enter the ZFW when the panel was saved. This may not be the same as the actual for your intended flight. If you think you have it right go to the vnav CRZ page and see what the optimum and max altitudes and choose a FL accordingly. CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest lou ross

If there are changes in the winds aloft- speed or direction- this happens with many flight sim a/c. Solution is to go to the winds page in Registered FSUIPC and enter smoothing to be 0; 5; 8.