Sign in to follow this  
Guest swadeep

PMDG 744 ... Wheel Problem

Guest swadeep

Hello. I am having a problem with the wheel of the plane. When i turn the plane the wheel doesn't seem to turn. I tried installing it again but it still shows the same problem. Please help!Thank You

Guest 744nut

use the search function: I read the solution (and forgot :-) ) a week ago on this forumTon

Guest airspace

It may be that auto-coordination is set on, if so turn it off in the flightsim menu and use the rudder control to steer on the ground.Darren:-)

Guest swadeep

DO u mean the AUTO RUDDER in FS realism setting? If it is that then it is turn on for auto rudder. I've beent old to keep it on also. Wheels for other planes are turning fine except for this PMDG 744:(

Guest swadeep

>It may be that auto-coordination is set on, if so turn it off>in the flightsim menu and use the rudder control to steer on>the ground.>>Darren>>:-)Hey i tried like you said and it works!!(thank you)I turned off the AUTO RUDDER. But some of the guys told me the wheels on their PMDG 744 still turns even with AUTO RUDDER on. How come different? What does AUTO RUDDER do precisely anyway?

Guest airspace

Hi, nice you got it to go, yes some plane's wheels actually do turn with the auto rudder on. oh yeah got it now - the rudder is linked to the nose wheel steering!Darren

> What does AUTO RUDDER do precisely anyway?This function links your ailerons and rudder together and is highly unrealistic as almost (never say never!) every airplane has rudder pedals for moving the rudder. Also you can't do real crosswind landings and one-engine out flying with that function turned on. Of course the reason MS included that option is simple, not everybody has rudder pedals at home or a joystick with such an axis.It's best to turn that option off and use real hardware pedals. After all the rudder is so basic for flying an airplane one really shouldn't fly without something to control it...Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest swadeep

Thanks very much all for your help! :)

Markus,So pilots on planes like the 747 or MD11 have to use the pedals for making coordinated turns? I thought they used autocoordination.Thanks,PatAMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptor10KrpmHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke + TQ, XP-hsp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Pat,no they don't, that's being done by the Yaw Damper. But that system is somewhat more complicated than MSFS' auto coordination.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard