Sign in to follow this  
Guest cfm562

747-400 F (Pre-Purchase Thoughts & Questions, feedback requested)

Guest cfm562

Hi Guys,I am a proud owner of all of the PMDG products and believe that there is no better sim developer out there. I am now considering purchasing the F. I suppose I am a little bit apprehensive before this purchase I think. I suppose I am having trouble justifying buying the F for what sounds like alot of cargo eye-candy. What are your impressions (for those of you who have flown the pax version)on this new airplane. I've read the release notes about what it offers. I suppose the new sound sets sound enticing, and some of the FMC fixes. Some of the engine instrumentation also. I am just curious if you guys have found the upgrade a "must have" addition to the pax version, or is it just a "must have" if you are a "die-hard cargo hauler". Would you guys say it is a substantial upgrade to the realism of the pax version? Is the immersion factor even better? Are the sound sets much better? I hope I am getting my point across. Just looking for a little average joe feedback on the new product before opening my wallet. Thanks a bunch. Oh and I hope this hasn't been discussed yet, couldn't find anything relevant to this in the previous posts.Kind Regards,Shane Lewis

Hi Shane,Take a look at the full list of new or enhanced features on the 'F product page, most of these features apply across the PAX version as well. Put it this way, if anything in that list is something you've noticed as lacking in the PAX version then consider it a good idea to purchase.The 'F is more than just a new visual model too, the new sounds and the addition of RR and PW engine displays is - on its own - a good enough reason to get the package.I'm personally pleased I got it, as it tidied up some last outstanding points in the development of the 744. But then I was prepared to step out of my PAX habits and try out some cargo hauling too. If that's an area you've carefully considered and decided to definitely avoid then obviously that raises some questions.Cargo flying isn't all bad, if you are one of those pilots who contrain themselves to flights under their VA route structure then the advantage is that you'll find a lot of shorter sectors on the 744F compared to the PAX.Some ideas for you anyway.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg