Sign in to follow this  
Guest dt1951

Deleting V-Speeds

Guest dt1951

I uninstalled and reinstalled the 744 and 744F last night. But this still has not resolved my problem. I go through my preflight, setting up the FMC (I ensure the V-Speeds are there, and that I have no discontinuities in the route), startup and taxi to the active. Prior to taking the active, I arm the A/T. The V-Speeds are shown as usual in the NAV display in the correct postion on the speed guage. I start my roll as usual, pressing the screw head at 80% to activate the TO/GA mode. When I press it, my V-Speeds are deleted from the system, making it impossible for the A/T to go into any mode (confimed by not seeing the thrust mode in the display). The V-Speeds are replaced by "---"s in the FMC also. To say this is frustrating after spending nearly an hour to get airborne is an understatement.As stated above, I ensure the V-Speeds are selected and active in the FMC. I have entered V2 into the speed input of the autopilot. I have the mose recent, registered copy of FSUIPC.Tonight I will uninstall all PMDG aircraft and files from my system prior to reinstalling. I will delete all the PMDG files from the /Program Files/Microsoft Games/FS9 directories. Are there any other places I need to delete PMDG files from to clean them off?I will reinstall the following:PMDG NG (both the base package and the 800/900 series)Fix to the PMDG NGPMDG 744PMDG 744 Universal Updater (Ver 1.10)PMDG 744FAre there any other updates I need to unistall with this?Any input from the PMDG team would be greatly appreciated.

V spds are deleted for specific reasons, so are you changing your flaps after you have set v spds or anything with the weight data in the FMC? If it is a case where the v spds are ok and you do nothing but engage TOGA then I wouldcertainly re-install although I cannot think of anything that would connect TOGA with your problem................Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

Guest dt1951

Thanks for your reply Randy. No, I enter flaps 20 on the TAKEOFF page in the FMC during preflight and setup. After engine start, and prior to taxi start, I deploy the flaps to 20. I don't touch any weight related settings. I had the same idea about why initiating TO/GA (the screw head) would have any effect on V-Speeds. Everything was working just great with this A/C until this problem showed up. It has me baffled (and at times more than a bit furstrated). I'll uninstall and delete all PMDG files in the FS directory. I'll also check the Documents and Settings folder to see if there is anything in there that is left over.

Hello Dan:The V-speed deletion on takeoff happened to me on two occasions (immediately following the installation of the 400F) exactly as you described, but I haven't been able to duplicate the issue since. I'm just mentioning it so that you know that it isn't something unique to your setup... I only wish I could offer a solution or even more details or insights. Sorry.Regards,Walter MeierKPDX

Walter Meier

Guest dt1951

Thanks for the info Walter. I appreciate your thoughts. I didn't think I had anything unique in my setup. Guess it's just one of those things. When I get the 744 installed I will give that an inital test. if that works I will proceed with the 744F installation and test that.

Guest 744nut

Hi Dan,I think reinstalling the whole PMDG "hangar" won

Guest dt1951

Hi Ton. I uninstalled and reinstalled the whole PMDG suite. And that seems to have resolved the problem. In all the tutorials I have read, none suggest arming the A/T prior to ending the preflight setup in the FMC. The sequence in preflight I do in the FMC is: POS, ROUTE, PERF, DERATE, TAKEOFF. If I have to use a SID, I go the DEP/ARR page and select the proper departure for the runway. Yes, the takeoff speeds are deleted and I go back to reselect them. Then I complete the preflight and start the pushback and engine start sequences. After setting the flaps I taxi to the hold short for the active. At the hold short, I turn on the lights, set the xpndr to TA/RA and arm the A/T. Everything was fine. The V-Speeds were clearly visible on the display. When I reach 80% on the takeoff roll I press the TO/GA button (screw head) to engage the A/T. Last night it worked great. It did engage the A/T properly, and the flight proceeded uneventfully. Next I have to learn how to get the A/T out of takeoff mode and into climb mode. If anyone has any guidance I am all ears.Just wanted to say thanks to Randy and all for their help.

>Hi Ton.... In all the tutorials I have read, none suggest arming the >A/T prior to ending the preflight setup in the FMC...... If anyone >has any guidance I am all ears.>I am a bit confused about this as well, in particular as the checklists that I have show the exact opposite, i.e. A/T ARM just before the runway. Ton,Which "RW procedures" were you referring to?S

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Guest 744nut

Hi Dan,I am glad for you that re-installing helped to solve your problem. My remark was based on the fact that the 744 systems and the FMC are a highly complex mechanism which can be the cause of complicated technical issues which have nothing to do with FS or PMDG."Next I have to learn how to get the A/T out of takeoff mode and into climb mode. If anyone has any guidance I am all ears."If you have programmed the FMC in a proper manner the logic decides when going into any of the available modes. The flow ( POS,ROUTE etc) you use to program the FMC is according to RW procedures. But in these procedures adding RWY and SID is always an integral part of the ROUTE part. Now every operator has its own Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) but what I have seen of the RW procedures all the operators are quite simular. Only the big ones like KLM and Lufthansa design their own procedures, manuals etc.regardsTon

Guest joediamond

If you are using a derated thrust mode for takeoff and you press the TOGA button a second time during the takeoff the thrust mode changes to the maximum. I have found if you press the TOGA button during the takeoff prior to V1 the FMC will delete the takeoff speeds when it changes the thrust mode.I cannot say if this correct or not, I suspect not.C McCarthy

Guest 744nut

"I am a bit confused about this as well, in particular as the checklists that I have show the exact opposite, i.e. A/T ARM just before the runway."Hi Soren,You have all good reasons to be confused ;-) I just checked 6 different normal procedures from 6 RW operators and 4 arm the AT in the preflight stage and 2 prior to take off. One operator makes a note why this is done prior to take off: "to prevent inadvertent thrust application on ramp and taxiway".In the 9 years I am busy with the 744 now I collected quite a library . What I have learned among others is that there is no 744 alike, there is no operator alike nor is there a procedure alike ;-) So use the procedure you like: there is always a operator somewhere on this world which uses this procedure :-lol regardsTon

Guest tse6000

I have exprienced the same thing as you every time. I have done every procedures as you then when take off, at 80's ,I pressed the T/O, however, the aircraft seems not accelrateing, and the THRU is not showed on the NAV display, and checked with the FMC and found the V-speed itself deleted. so I have to manuelly push the throllet to get the speed to take off. I'm using reduced thrust too. Tse6000

If one changes ANY performance data after one has already set vpds they will be deleted. Examples? You selected flaps 20 on the TO REF page and then later prior to TO selected flaps 10 into the TO REF page. You manually changed your gross weight. You manually set a REDUCED temp for TO. You CHANGE YOUR DEPARTURE RUNWAY! Remeber any performance data that CHANGES after you have set TO VSPDS will delete! ...............Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]