Sign in to follow this  
Guest SAS449

FMC: Insufficient fuel? Plenty left at landing!

Guest SAS449

Is this a bug, or am I doing anything wrong?The FMC "scrams" insufficient fuel" at regular intervals, but according to route data in FMC, I'll be landing with some 50 metric tons left, or 49800 kg's to be exact. The EICAS fuel indication and FMC calculated volume corresponds within a couple of 100 kg's.I'm monitoring the tanks and what fuel pumps that are on, and can

Guest 744nut

Just had the same msg: I my case it is caused that the fuel at the destination is calculated 4.8 Tonnes and I put my reserve in the FMC on 5 tonnes. In your case you must have put the reserve on > 50 tonnes ???Ton

Guest SAS449

Nope, the reserves are set at 10% out of start fuel amount of 120000kg's. and 12 tons is definitely less than 51 (which it is calculated to right now after climb to higher altitude.

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

just to make it clear, do you enter 10(%) or 12(tons) into the fmc?

>Nope, the reserves are set at 10% out of start fuel amount of>120000kg's. and 12 tons is definitely less than 51 (which it>is calculated to right now after climb to higher altitude.Are you using the latest version???...............Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

Guest SAS449

>just to make it clear, do you enter 10(%) or 12(tons) into>the fmc?Paul,The reserve is entered as plain 10 and displays in the FMC as 10.0 Cost index 100. I would take it that is automatically % unless otherwise stated? In either case it's 10% or 10 tons, and I'll have 41 tons more than that, so insufficient isn't the word.

Guest SAS449

Randy,As far as I know I am, 1.01 which I downloaded and installed same day it was released.

Guest The_Glideslope

Do you plan your fuel for a go-around? How much fuel minutes will that take vs. the actual fuel? FMC indicates a low fuel PREDICTION to complete the programmed route, it's not saying you have NO FUEL...

Guest SAS449

In that case there is something buggy with the FMS, since the RTE DATA indicates I'll have 50 tons left at WSSS. No way that one part of the FMC calculates that, whilst some other part constantly issues "insufficient fuel" warnings. OK, it keeps the crew alert, but it's hardly correct - not even close.

Guest keringordon

well yes and no. V1R10 is the latest version for the 744 PAX. Ver 1.0.1 is the lastest ver for the 744 F. The original poster has not stated which product they are using... so that ver they have quoted may be for the 744 F, which is in fact the latest ver.

Guest SAS449

Ooops, sorry.This FMC spooky behaviour relates to the 400F version 1.01. Bought both 400 and 400F after the release of the 400F, so the PAX version was automatically latest version.