Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

NAVData - Service Website (http://www.navdata.at/)

Hi everyone!I'm not sure if I can or should post this message here, but I am going to try anyway!I have sent multiple e-mails requesting information regarding when NAVData (http://www.navdata.at/) will resume making the current AIRAC download available to us all who use PMDG aircraft, without any response to date.I know of other websites that offer AIRACs but I am personally quite happy with NAVData and I wonder why other sites offer the current information while NAVData still does not.The latest AIRAC available on NAVData's site is 0513 (22 Dec 05 to 18 Jan 06) while the current AIRAC is 0603 (16 Mar 06 to 12 Apr 06) according to Terry Yingling on his website http://www.planepath.com/.If anyone can shed some light on this (and say when we can resume downloading AIRACs from NAVData) I would be most grateful.Regards,Matthew

• Upvote 1

Probably whenever Richard feels like making them again. If he's not replying to your emails, shouldn't that tell you something. ;)

Matthew,The US government stopped making the database Richard used for his AIRACs publically availiable and I believe he's in the process of acquiring another data source, hence the delay.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest SAS449

Yup, that's true. The US Department of Defence (DOD) stopped public acess to the DAFIF database (they have not stopped making them, but it's restricted access now, probably due to sept 11 2001 attack) which stopped Richard from making the AIRAC's like he used to do them. Sit back and relax and let him work in his own pace to find a replacement source!

matthewyou mentioned that there are other webistes that provide AIRAC. are you referring to SID/STAR procedures, or DAFIF information?if DAFIF, where do you get them?tomax

Tomax,Try the following website for DAFIF Terminal Procedures which are compatible with a number of FS add-ons:http://www.planepath.com/I have tried this site, but can't get the file to execute correctly so that in the FMC it shows the current cycle. If you can figure it out, please let me know.Regards,Matthew

>I have tried this site, but can't get the file to execute>correctly so that in the FMC it shows the current cycle. If>you can figure it out, please let me know.That's a function of the AIRAC (Richard), not the SID/STAR data...In real life they are a single database that's loaded into the FMC - it has all the airports, navaids, fixes etc as well as terminal procedures in the same update. For our purposes though it has to be two files because Richard handles the base navdata while Terry handles the terminal procedures.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi RyanIf you can help me out with this, I would appreciate it alot because I am not sure if I am doing something wrong. Please bear with me on this post.The last AIRAC I available to be downloaded from NAVData was "PIC-PMDG_0513.zip" and since then I have been downloading the "DAFIF Terminal Procedures" file for PMDG from Planepath.Before NAVData stopped making available the latest AIRAC cycle after 0513, the FMC on my PMDG aircraft would always show the new AIRAC cycle number (eg 0513) when I downloaded and installed the new file from NAVData.However, when I had to start using Planepath's "DAFIF Terminal Procedures" due to the source change, the FMC continued to show the current cycle as being "0513" and not the file I had downloaded (eg 0602 or 0603, etc).Can you tell me if the following steps are correct for the PMDG aircraft (or tell me the correct steps if I am wrong?)...1. Go to the Planepath website once a month to download and install the DAFIF Terminal Procedures for PMDG (what path should this be installed to, assuming that FS9 has been installed to the default location?)2. Go to the NAVData website every few days to download and install the newest "All-In-One" SID/STAR file for PMDG products (what path should this be installed to, assuming that FS9 has been installed to the default location?)If you can help me with this, Ryan (or anyone), I would be most grateful because I do quite a lot of online flying with my PMDG aircraft, since this is the most realistic environment to get the most out of FS9 in my opinion.I hope that you can help me with this.Kind regards,Matthew

Guest SAS449

11.9.2001 versus 12.2005 Terrorist attack versus ?1991 versus 2003 Kuwait/Iraq versus Iraq taking our Saddam HusseinGovernments are sometimes veeery slow in reaction. The patriots act has given US authorities powers that has needed a couple of years to swing into full effect. To my understanding, all governmental agencies are evaluating risks on a continuing basis, and going from topic to topic, looking at every aspect of risk involved. I'm not surprised that they found something in 2005 that has a bearing on Al Qaida in these evaluations. You'll see that five years from now, all passengers will have to weare shoelace-free boots (loafers), since the shoelace might be used to strangle the stewardess as a way to blackmail the pilots into opening the cockpit door... ;-)Johan PlaneUppsala, Sweden-http://www.scandinavian-va.net/pilots/images/SE.gif

well what about european data? surely there is an EU source for this data

>11.9.2001 versus 12.2005 Terrorist attack versus ?>1991 versus 2003 Kuwait/Iraq versus Iraq taking our Saddam>Hussein>>Governments are sometimes veeery slow in reaction. The>patriots act has given US authorities powers that has needed a>couple of years to swing into full effect. To my>understanding, all governmental agencies are evaluating risks>on a continuing basis, and going from topic to topic, looking>at every aspect of risk involved. I'm not surprised that they>found something in 2005 that has a bearing on Al Qaida in>these evaluations. You'll see that five years from now, all>passengers will have to weare shoelace-free boots (loafers),>since the shoelace might be used to strangle the>stewardess as a way to blackmail the pilots into opening the>cockpit door... ;-)>>Johan Plane>Uppsala, Sweden>->http://www.scandinavian-va.net/pilots/images/SE.gifConsidering the Shoe bomber we may well be boarding bare feet by then.But yeah government is slow. Why do something right away when you can put it through two or three cash cow commitees first.Daft thing is that things like nav data are the sorts of things terroists wouldn't be interested in. They are hardly gonna be concerned with flying the correct airway route to their target are they.

Guest stang

Hi All,Perhaps I can shed some light on this subject as there seems to be some misconceptions.>I have sent multiple e-mails requesting information regarding>when NAVData (http://www.navdata.at/) will resume making theThe last I talked to Richard he was swamped by his real world work and had to do some business trips out of country. He is switching over to a new database source and that process is being delayed by his job. It is simply that we will be getting AIRAC data again when he has the time to work with and convert the new data. He did not know when that would happen because of his job workload.>The latest AIRAC available on NAVData's site is 0513 (22 Dec>05 to 18 Jan 06) while the current AIRAC is 0603 (16 Mar 06 to>12 Apr 06) That is correct. The 0513 data was the last data Richard created before he started work on switching over to the new database. The 0513 cycle number you see is part of his AIRAC data. The number itself has no operational function other than to let you know what cycle of nav data is loaded into the FMC and has no effect on the terminal procedure I provide. If it bothers you not having the current cycle number shown find the fmc_ident.TXT file in the FMCWPNavData folder and change it. It's just a text file and you can easily see what to change. Make a backup of it before you change it, just in case.Now having said that there is one use for the cycle number. Intersections, airways, radio navaids and runway numbers can change from cycle to cycle. When this happens, particularly with runway numbers, the AIRAC and DAFIF data changes also. Let's say some runway numbers change in cycle 0602 and that you install the AIRAC 0602 data but for some reason continue to use the 0601 terminal procedures. You will then have the updated runway numbers from the AIRAC data but the terminal procedures will still have the old runway numbers from the 0601 cycle. This will cause an error and that is why you should insure the AIRAC and terminal procedures cycle numbers are the same. However, on the good side, if you happen to only use airports that did not change from 0601 to 0602 then there is no problem. As for our current situation with navdata.at so far I have not heard of any problems using the 0603 terminal procedures with the 0513 AIRAC data. So I am thinking there have only been minor hidden changes from 0513 to 0603.As for the DAFIF data. It is still available. I use it to make the terminal procedures each month and 0604 will be out next week. The DAFIF should be available until, I think, Sept or Oct this year when it is scheduled to not be made available to the public. As for why it is being withdrawn it's economics not the 9 11 attack. The data that is not U.S. is provided by those countries themselves. Some of them want to sell that data and do not like it being made available for free through the DAFIF. So, they have provided notice that they will not provide the data anymore if it is made available for free to the general public. Hence the withdrawal of the DAFIF data from the public arena. I was told that U.S. data might continue to be made available because of safety of flight issues. We will see how that pans out later this year.I hope this helps clear up what is actually happening.TerryPlanePath.com

Guest Hawkeyeted

>I have tried this site, but can't get the file to execute>correctly so that in the FMC it shows the current cycle. If>you can figure it out, please let me know.Terry's data is the current cycle (0603). The difference is that Richard also updates the FMC info file (contains the cycle info), whilst Terry doesn't.

"The data that is not U.S. is provided by those countries themselves. Some of them want to sell that data and do not like it being made available for free through the DAFIF. So, they have provided notice that they will not provide the data anymore if it is made available for free to the general public. Hence the withdrawal of the DAFIF data from the public arena."Thanks, Terry, for this information. It's always nice to have facts rather than uninformed speculation.Jim Harnes