Sign in to follow this  
Guest flight fan

md-11???

Guest flight fan

jus wondering since i am such a fan of the md-11, how is the project coming along, since there has been no information to the progress or new photos on the project for more than a year. i am only saying this because i mostly fly the md-11, from LAX to Sao Paulo and back at least 6 times a year with Varig

Hi 'flight fan',You gotta add your name to your posts mate, forum rules. :-)MD-11 is under development, no time frames have been given. If you don't see any mention of it in the forums, that's because there is nothing to report yet. Keep an eye out here, when there is something to report, it will be in a 'sticky' post at the top of the forum.Keep an eye out though as I'm sure we'll see more info in the coming months.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

It will most likely be the next in the production lineup from PMDG (This is a guess so take it for what that is worth). The aircraft is still in alpha stage and from what I know is following in the footsteps of it's big sister (747) in terms of quality and production status prior to reaching the beta stage. I am excited to see this bird!...............Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

Guest Agun13

>> It will most likely be the next in the production lineup from>PMDG (This is a guess so take it for what that is worth). The>aircraft is still in alpha stage and from what I know is>following in the footsteps of it's big sister (747) in terms>of quality and production status prior to reaching the beta>stage. I am excited to see this bird!>>>...............Randy J. Smith................>A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM>[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable>changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]Yeah Randy! I second that! This will be the first time any one has ever done a payware MD aircraft of quality that I dare to ask a former MD pilot, my dad to even try to fly. The freeware ones were not too good but Alain Capt did put out a decent one for fun flyiers but that one is NOT for the hardcores. They will complain once they sit down on that panel but hey! It was freeware and was one of the best packages of its day! I really hope for a July release of the PMDG MD-11 but earlier will of course be better. Since this is the only project that PMDG is working on at the moment I would guess that if they do not try to release any more obscure packages like when they did in the development of the B744 they will definitely have a quick release of this one! Surprise me man PMDG!Regards,Alex G

PMDG resources are now beginning to be channeled into MD-11 development and project definition is beginning. Expect more visability for this project to begin in the near future. We hope to surprise you.Bill

What a great plane MD -11 is !! Look forward to reading news