Sign in to follow this  
Viennaman

RUNTIME ERROR - i am going nuts

Hi Poeple, I am flying for a while now and have always the same problem occuring after som time during the flight. The problem is: Suddenly the FS is shutting down and following message is appearing: Microsoft Visuals C ++ Runtime error Runtime Error ! Program C:WindowsExplorer.exe R 6016 - not enough space for thread data The FS symbole is then minimized - i have to click on it and then the FS is running again. It a pain in the neck as i am trying to make over night flies and the flight always gets interrupted. SO FAR NOBODY could help. What shall i do. Thanks in advance Marek

Guest millimeter

Hi MarekIf you are running Windows XP, try to go to Control Panel ("classic view")--> Administration.You should se some Icons. One should say something like "log"Look in program or system. Look for anything that implicates that you have an error (it should have a red cross). Doubleclick that line and you should se a link. Click the link and maybee you will get help. Most likely you wont get any help.Are your windows, drivers and direct x up to date? What is the latest driver you have installed. Try to uninstall that and install an earlier version.If you are using ATI graficcard you should also install Netframework from Microsoft.I hope I have been giving you some clues to work on.Best reguardsLars

Guest D17S

It sounds like a system problem, not necessarily MSFS or PMDG. Google "C ++ Runtime error." There's a bunch there. Solutions ranged shutting down non-essential services/processes/programs to updating AGP video drivers to XP reinstalls to bad motherboards. Here's a tool. Never tried it, but it's there. http://www.parasoft.com/jsp/products/home.jsp?product=InsureGood luck.

Hi MarekI did a search for this error, and the answers seem very operating system specific. What operating system are you using and how much RAM do you have?. regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest thscholz

Marek,my guess is that the error is not related to FS as it continues running.Have you tried running AdAware and scanning for those beasts called viruses and trojans?CheersThomas

THis RUNTIME problem only occurs with MSFS. It has to do something with virtual memory etc. checked it with my addaware

That is an error with Windows Explorer, not FS. FS is being minimized because Explorer is popping up an important message for you to see.That error is indicative of a low memory condition. Make sure that you have plenty of free disk space, and that your paging file is at least 1.5x your system memory size.- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

Thats what microsoft writes but theys dont give any SOLUTION:The program did not receive enough memory from the operating system to complete a _beginthread call.When a new thread is started, the library must create an internal database for the thread. If the database cannot be expanded with memory provided by the operating system, the thread will not begin and the calling process will stop.So what shall i do

Guest SKireyev

Just like someone else suggested, check your Page File, make sure that it is set at least at 1.5 times the size of RAM (in your case would be something like 1536Mb). Check your hard drive for sufficient space for the page file. Also, don't forget to reboot when making any systems changes. Turn off all non-essential stuff. When I run most of my programs with MSFS, my memory usage goes up to anywhere from 1.2 to 1.8 Gb. That'll give you an idea of resource intensiveness of our program. Start with that, troubleshoot, and if it doesn't work, report back.

Guest rds_mcleod

>Just like someone else suggested, check your Page File, make>sure that it is set at least at 1.5 times the size of RAM (in>your case would be something like 1536Mb). Check your hardSergey:Pardon me for attaching your email, but do you know if FS2004 addresses RAM above 640Mb, or above 1024?I'm thinking of doubling my RAM to 2048. :-hahRon_CYEGhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg