Sign in to follow this  
Guest jumpjet

737NG Panel Switching - Problem with Overhead

Guest jumpjet

Hi guys,After a major system rebuild, including the use of a Widescreen LCD panel, I have problems with the 737NG overhead panel.Just to clarify the position initally, I installed my PMDG products in the following order PMDG B1900 C & D, 737NG 600-700, 737NG 800-900, B747-400 QOS.The MZALFOTRI buttons essentially work from all positions EXCEPT the overhead panel. If I call up the overhead panel, it is then stuck there and I cannot get back to the MAIN or ZOOMED panel. The throttle panel, radio panel etc. can be called up from the overhead no problem, but the APPROACH and LANDING panels with come up IN FRONT of the (locked) Overhead panel.I can only use the view menu to deselect the Overhead panel, which is a little bit annoying and frustrating.Any ideas anyone?ThanksGraham Laing

That's pretty weird, Graham.Can you right-click on the overhead and select "Close"?- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

Graham,Uncheck the Multi-monitor option in the PMDG options menu.Hope it helps,

Guest jumpjet

Great, thanks for the replies.Both the suggestions work.It's amazing how dumb a person can be eh? I spend half my life closing windows in XP by right clicking and selecting close ...... why I didn't I even think of trying that from within FS? I don't know! DOH!Naturally, the deselecting of the multi-monitor option is the cleaner way ..........Cheers LadsGraham

Guest tomahawk_pa38

I have this problem also. I haven't tried Matts idea yet but I use my system with two monitors. If I uncheck the multi-monitor tab, will both monitors still work ?

Guest jumpjet

Hi Dave2 monitors will still work as an extended desktop, but you should re-enable the multi-monitor support in the options if you want to undock the overhead panel, and drag it to the other monitor.The panel switching buttons will work as they should with this option enabled and the overhead undocked.If you're not going to undock the overhead then disable the option as Mats said.CheersGraham