Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hrvoje

737 vs. 747

Guest Hrvoje

HelloI was just wondering is the 737 realistic as the 747?

Nameless,don't forget to sign your posts as per PMDG's forum rules.The B737NG, being an older product, has some systems that are not simulated (Inertial Reference System comes to mind). Other than that I'd say yes. Remember that the real B737NG does not have the same complex avionics installed so that might seem a bit less realistic at first, but it really isn't. Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Actually I'm not sure exactly what you mean by less compley aviaonics but the 737NG has the most modern that was available in the late 90s whihc is newer than many 747-400s. Actually if you select the LCD EFIS on the 747 is is pretty much the same as the 737 I fly. If course it doesn't have all the system scematics the 747 can display but that is only software. I haven't played with the 737 much, I mainly got it to see how close to real it was, but it sure seems pretty close to the real thing.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Tom,two big hints: EICAS Messages, Lower EICAS pages...The B744 had these long before the 737NG flew. You have to admit the 737NG's flight deck could and should have been much more advanced than it is now. But hey, Boeing (or should I say Northworst) wanted commonality with the Classic 737. And that's what it was in the end...Just my humble opinion though.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest andyman

You mean Southworst?Northwest doesn't have 737's. Only boring, no entertainment systemed uncomfortable CFM engined A320's.(and a319's)

>You mean Southworst?uh yeah of course, thanks for that. Markus

Markus Burkhard

>Tom,>>two big hints: EICAS Messages, Lower EICAS pages...>The B744 had these long before the 737NG flew. You have to>admit the 737NG's flight deck could and should have been much>more advanced than it is now. But hey, Boeing (or should I say>Northworst) wanted commonality with the Classic 737. And>that's what it was in the end...>>Just my humble opinion though.>>Regards,>MarkusYou are correct. I have been saying that they should have put this stuff in all 5 years I have been flying the 737. The current flight warning system is horrible. I guess where we are disagreeing is that I say it is technologically advanced but its potential has not been implimented. Maybe that is what you are saying too. I am confused. I have been writing too much :)

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg