Sign in to follow this  
Guest 102301636

2 questions

Guest 102301636

Hi all,two quick questions on the 737NG1) Relating to failures and setting them in the menu, say if I picked random and 60 minutes appears, does that mean the system will fail within 60 minutes or exactly once 60 minutes has elapsed?2) What is LRC on the Climb Page of the FMC?...is it lowest rate of climb?Ps does anyone have any suggestions for some programs which randomly generate failures based on probability of failure of the system based on flight time?Thanks,alan

Guest 102301636

Can anyone help on this matter. Would be greatly appreciatedAlan

Alan,1. I believe it means that you can expect a random failure 60 minutes after engaging the feature.2. LRC stands for Long Range Cruise - it's going to produce cruise speeds and fuel economy best suited to a very long flight.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest gremel

I believe 'random' should be random, and that is, any time within that time frame and not at a given set time subsequent to enabling that specific feature. Random should be ..unexpected.., and should have an element of 'surprise' in it. Not, Oh I see it's almost 60 minutes and time for an engine failure....That's not what I would consider a random failure and that is not what happens in the real thing..and please keep in mind that this is 'my opinion only' and is not a flame induced scenerio.Regards,jack

Guest 102301636

Agreed,With any PMDG product we've seen realism like never before....in the FMC, 2d and VC Cockpit just incredible stuff but the failure system lets the product down slightly, by not carrying trye on the realism engraved in the rest of the product.for once I'd like to be able to fly my 737ng knowing that there is a possibility (no matter how slight) that something might go wrong, just like in real life (although in real life I'd be hoping something didn't go wrong)....I think it's the idea that everything is going to be perfect everytime annoys me....I can't seem to find a good program which will produce this random failure based on probability....if anyone knows of a good one please let me knowthanksalan

Guest detector

How about this then:Teach your wife to set the time while you`re outta there. That way you get what you want in 2 ways: Random time plus secretly involving your wife into your hobby. :-hah