Sign in to follow this  
N520AT

PMDG CTD

Hello,I am getting a crash to desktop,not a traditional one with the error message, but rather the top menu bar in FS disappeers and then if I switch tasks at all, FS will close without a warning or an error message..I believe the culprit is PMDGOptions.dll because of the fact when I had all of my PMDG products uninstalled (737NG/B744), I flew at least 15 hours in the sim (separate flights) without a problem.Help?

Dan-In your post you did not provide any information that would help us understand *why* you suspect PMDGOptions.dll....We have many thousands of PMDGOptions.dll installations out there running normally- so chances are very slim that this is the actual cause.You should retrace your steps to see what actions you have taken within FS might have created the problem. A new addon/new scenery, etc.Did you reinstall the 737 after installing the 400? That can cause problems, which is why we recommend installing the 400/400F last.perhaps you may want to simply delete PMDGOptions.dll and re-run our installer- then select "REPAIR" when it offers you the option?If you've somehow managed to corrupt or damage the dll- that would replace it with a new one...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest chrisnorris

Hi all.After many succesful flights I just had a CTD. FS2004 just vanished.I was flying London Heathrow to Bangkok and was 7 hours into it, just nearing the Himalayas when CTD.First, here's a rundown of my system. I've configured a dual boot (XP and XP) and have stripped the second one down to the core so I just use it for FlightSim purposes and have a seperate drive for all flightsim software and swap file.I have:FS2004 + the MS service packBritish Airways Virtual OSP 3.0ActiveSky 4.5 updated to B193FSUIPC 3.5.0.0 (see below for ini snippet)PMDG 737NG, 747-400 (correctly loaded in the recommended order)McAfee Antivirus 8.0i with the flight sim drive excludedMozilla Firefox 1.5.0.2Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5Now here's the thing. Just after 7 hours I fired up Thunderbird to check my email and it didn't start. I clicked the icon again and nothing happened. About 30 seconds later FS2004 CTD.Is there a link here?--snip from FSUIPC.log-- 77047 FLIGHTSPMDGPMDG 747-400 Cold and Dark KPAE.flt 77531 AIRCRAFTPMDG747-400B747-400.air 78047 Aircraft="PMDG - 747-400 GE CF6 Engines" 80984 Module [M5] identified = "PMDGOptions.DLL" 80984 Module [M5] "PMDGOptions.DLL" access registration is okay--snip--Any troubleshooting steps?thanksChris Norris

Guest chrisnorris

By the way, I forgot to say when the FS2004 CTD happened I recieved error messages at all. One second it was there, the next nothing.Is there anywhere I can look to find a log etc?