Sign in to follow this  

Please fix the Atlas and Polar repaints!

The US flag is flying backwards on the starboard side.Thanks :)

Guest joediamond

It's correct. The stars should always lead. Imagine a flag on a flagpole blowing in the wind, the stars will always be on the side attached to the pole thus the flag will appear to be backwards on one side.C McCarthy

did they fix it? when did you download it? because on the starboard side the stars were on the left side and facing forward which is incorrect

Guest Tophatter

The rule for displaying the actual flag on a wall or such is that the stars should always be on the upper left as looking at it. However, on vehicles or aircraft it should be as though the flag were on a flagstaff and blowing away from the direction of travel.http://www.cqql.net/flag.htmBud

You are quite correct it is incorrect. Do an image google search on Polar air and see for yourself.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Steve,I just redownloaded the Polar repaint and it appears to have the correct flag placement now. So just Atlas is wrong

Guest Tophatter

Actually fixing the flag would be an easy thing without having to wait for a new download. Open the bmp in Dtxbmp, export to Paint Shop select the flag, reverse, save, import back into DXTbmp and save :)Bud

Guest joediamond

That certainly is wrong. The Polar I have has the flag correct, stars in the upper right on the starboard side, didn't check the Atlas.C McCarthy

Thanks Bud, I did that and it worked. Not sure if I will lose quality but for now its fine. Thanks again!