Sign in to follow this  
Guest millimeter

What does "NO TDZ" mean

Guest millimeter

Hi fellow airmenI noticed that my primary flight display some times says "NO TDZ" in yello letters. Searching and browsing my manual doesn't reveal what that means. Can anyone tell me what that message means? An durring the decent I can see two green dots on the navigation display. The green dots are placed on the route. What does these green dots mean?Thanks:-)

Guest fullflapsplease

Hi, it means NO Touch Down Zone, as soon as you've inputted your arrival data into the FMC it will disappear.HTH.Regards.Mark.PS: Oh, and I would imagine the green dots are target altitude constraints programed by the FMC for you particular STAR???

Guest millimeter

Thanks alot Mark

>Hi, it means NO Touch Down Zone, as soon as you've inputted>your arrival data into the FMC it will disappear.>>HTH.>>Regards.>>Mark.>>PS: Oh, and I would imagine the green dots are target altitude>constraints programed by the FMC for you particular STAR??? To add to this - as soon as you enter ANY airport including your DEPARTURE icao it will go away since of course if yuou need to return to it. Green circles mean the airport restriction deceleration point along the decent path profile right before 10'................Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

Guest millimeter

I fully understand what you mean about the two small green circles, but I don't understand the first thing you are writing about. Could you please tell explain.. Lars

In other words, not only entering your arrivial airport into the FMC will make the NO TDZ disappear off the PFD but also entering your departing airfield will also remove it................Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]