Sign in to follow this  
Guest 744nut

Land 3

Guest 744nut

Hi guys,While on autoland on a certain moment all 3 AP provide guidance (3 lights are lit)In the PDMG 744 this moment is when the LOC is captured and the APP button is armed.What I understand from the RW manual(s) is that the 3(or 2) AP are activated and provide guidance on the moment that the AC is below 1500 FT RA and LAND 3 (or 2) is annuciated in the PFD.Any input on this issue?regardsTon

Guest spiers

im sure i remeber an option somewhere, might be from FS2Crew for the 737, which only has two a/p and you could choose wheter to arm one then the 2nd or they arm automatically. About the PMDG 747 ive done loads of Autolands in it, and the lights all come on together, tbh id rather it did that so i remeber ive engaged the APP.

>Hi guys,>>While on autoland on a certain moment all 3 AP provide>guidance (3 lights are lit)>>In the PDMG 744 this moment is when the LOC is captured and>the APP button is armed.>>What I understand from the RW manual(s) is that the 3(or 2) AP>are activated and provide guidance on the moment that the AC>is below 1500 FT RA and LAND 3 (or 2) is annuciated in the>PFD.>>Any input on this issue?>>regards>>Ton>> Your confusing the AP lights with the actual AFDS mode as seen on the PFD. The lights on the 3 747's APs do indeed light up as you state when you select APP but look at your PFD. If you are a certain height in (UNLESS passing through 1500 RA) G/S you will not have LAND 3 even tho the AP lights are "lit" but instead have CMD annunciated. This is how it works in RL too when one selects APP MODE.................Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

As I understand it, the norm (RW) is:One A/P in command, APP button pushed, all 3 CMD buttons should light up, irrespective of loc or g/s signals being received (You could be in cruise and nowhere near the airport and this would happen). Unfortunately, I don't think there is a workaround in MSFS to allow you to do this. The respective ILS signals must be present for "LOC" and "APP" before you get the 3 CMD buttons to light up. There was a rumour that there was an _option_ on the 744 where the other 2 non-engaged A/P's had to be engaged manually, as there is a programming pin on the FCC to allow you to do this. Because of this, PS1 had this option programmed, but, in hindsight, it seems that the FCC option was probably for aircraft with paddle-type A/P engage switches (e.g. as found on British Airways 767's. These can't be engaged/moved automatically. The FCC's, depending on model, are interchangeable between 767's and 744's).With all 3 CMD buttons lit up, it doesn't mean that all 3 a/p's are engaged. Above 1500', only one is engaged and the other two are armed. Below 1500' plus a few seconds, the other two a/p's should come online, the electrical busses should isolate, etc... Note that on the 767, the electrical busses isolate at the moment you push the APP button.I was hoping that someone could tell me if the 744 nav radio's have to be tuned for the 3 lights to light up (in the real world).... or whether lack of tuning just prevents capture and subsequent autoland. So far no-one has volunteered to try this in real life :(Cheers.Q>

Guest 744nut

Guys,Thanks for your answers !Ton

"Unfortunately, I don't think there is a workaround in MSFS to allow you to do this. The respective ILS signals must be present for "LOC" and "APP" before you get the 3 CMD buttons to light up."I meant to say ... " (AFAIK) IN MSFS, the respective ILS signals must be present for ...."Cheers.Q>