Sign in to follow this  
billyguo

About the Engine Start Sound

After update to V1R10, I found the Engine Start Sound disappear.Before update, normally I can hear the Engine Start Sound when N1 up to 20%.In "sound.cfg" there is string [starterA], but the "filemane" equals to "747", not the "PMDG747_ENGSTART", and actually there is no file "PMDG747_ENGSTART", it was there before.Here is the original one: /STARTERA/ filename=PMDG747_ENGSTART viewpoint=1 link=starterA.1 /STARTERA.1/filename=xPMDG747_ENGSTARTviewpoint=2New one like this:/starterA/filename=747flags=0viewpoint=1And what is "xPMDG747_ENGSTART" work?

We're aware of these issues - will be fixed when the final updated sound set is ready. (Should be soon)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thank you for addressing this. I had thought that the engine start sound dissapeared indeed, but I was doubting myself and thought maybe it wasn't ever there. Tomasx

Easily solving this problem is to replace the "747" to "PMDG747_ENGSTART" and copy the start sound back into the folder.But this PMDG747_ENGSTART.wav seems too "long" or "late" for the V1R10's engine.Would you tell me how is "xPMDG747_ENGSTART" working?

bill guo,you mean, that the actual sound is still in the folder, but is not being utilized since it isn't on the sound.cfg? interesting.as for pmdg's position, do you advise to not follow billy's suggestion?indeed, that the sound from engine start is no longer there. i know that the sound has definately been improved, but somewhere along the lines of the update, some of the sound got messed up. e.g., i am hearing crackling again from the outside view, and sometimes the inside view. whereas, i can't remember if it was there during the initial install of the F.tomas

You aren't going to get the correct effect if you reenable the sound - just wait for the sound patch, we're working on it...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest The_Glideslope

I did revamped the sound.cfg assigning the starter sound.The only issue was its duration as previously said.I did manage to get it solved by increasing its speed maintaining its pitch, but i'm no Boeing 744 expert and don't know the exact timmings.I prefer to wait for the pros and I do suggest everyone does the same.