Sign in to follow this  
horace

[744/744F] Decrease of frame-rate after entering long route

Hi,i've got that in mind for a while:After entering and activating a long route in the FMC, for example this one as follows... the framerate decreases. TOBAK2G TOBAK N858 ERSIL UN858 LAVAR UR245 BAEVO B102 UK R11 FV G3 QL B365 BK B923 GUTAN A368 URL G3 AKB A368 FKG B215 YBL B330 GYA A599 POU R473 SIERAWell, it's not that I get only 10fps constantly, it's more like that i get some microstutters or something like that AFTER entering such a long route into the FMC. Especially when in outside view and rotating the view it's quiet noticable. That was already an issue of the first Servicepack for the PMDG744 QOS as far as I remember.Are you guys experiencing the same? Is that something that can be solved or do I have to live with that?Thanks for your comments in advance!Some specs:PIV 3 GHz1 GB RAMATI X850 256 MB--FS9.1AS6Flight1 GE2006 & FEFSUIPC 3.53

Hendrik Horeis

Hendriki am experiencing something very similiar. small stutters even though i am getting higher frame rates than you experienced. i also have noticed when puttin gin long routes, the calculations of the for ETA in the PROG page is somewhat "slow" in that the parameters keep changing an re-calculating after i execute a flight plan.tom

Hendrick,To be honest with you dude. Until upto about a week ago I had my computer. I recently turned it in to GeekSquad to fix up my comp with my 2GB of RAM and my new 500W PSU and my new 7800 GS OC nVidia video card. Before that I had 1GB of RAM and a 290W PSU with an old ATI Radeon 9800. I only was lucky enough to get 10 fps normal with all the sliders down i only managed to get 18 FPS. So indeed, I would say your frames are normal. I have no idea what eats up so much PC horsepower with the 747. I wish it were fixable. But for the PMDG 747 and the 400F expansion I myself would consider it normal and in addition I have the same symptoms as you. I experience a slight decrease in performance with a longer route.Sincerely,Tony Nelson

sirs,i want to report that even though i am getting 48 fps in the outside view, i am indeed getting small "ticks" as i pan around the a/c, not smooth transition at all. this also occurs in the v/c with 24 fps.and further, this did not occur prior to the -400F and all the latest updates.i am on a flight from kewr to KJFK RKSI. long haul.anyone report the same thing? try it out.tomas