Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flamdar

Grounded!!! Please Help

Guest Flamdar

Hello all,I have been flying the PMDG 737-800/900 for a while now andlove it.The problem I am having is a memory error which has justrecently come on after I select a flight. MSFS opens and the menu screen does appear. The PMDG is also loading all the airport information data base.Then when I have selected a flight and hit "fly now" the systemcrashes and I get a message. It might not even have anything do do with the PMDG, but if someone could let me know I would appreciateit. The message reads " The instruction at "0x016214ca" referencedmemory at "0x016214ca" The memory could not be wrtiien"If any one could please let me know what this is I would appreciate it very much and I hope I can again get back into the aircraft soon.Thanks,John

Guest Jacob Lee

I have had the same problem. What I do is just push the "Fly now" button with a default FS plane, then when it loads and I am at the gate or on the runway I change to a PMDG plane. I have had no problems doing it this way.

Guest Flamdar

Thanks!!!I just tried it and it appears to work. I have saved aflight with the default 737 and called it " Start fight"Again, thanks for all your help. It probably started afterI saved all my fights with the PMDG 737/800.Take Care,John

Guest Jacob Lee

Glad it helped.

Yeah, it seems that saved flights are not always compatible after PMDG releases an upgrade. It's called a "Backwards Compatibility" bug in techno-babble. =)No biggie, I guess.- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

Guest Flamdar

Okay,Now I have an easier one. How do I get the TCAS to come on.I have lloked all over the aircraft and thru the PDF files thatcame with the software. Could you please tell me where it is??Thanks,John

You need to turn the transponder on (comm panel). Do a search of the forum on TCAS and you will find lots of additional information.

Two things must be on for TCAS. On the ND control panel you must have the TFC button clicked on (center) in the ND range selector. On the radio stack you then need to turn on your transponder. When both are on you should start seeing targets within a few thousand feet above and below your present altitude.

Guest RoSPA_David

In addition to what lee stated, i would advise starting with the Cessna and then changing aircraft, once you have closed the mixture, turned off both battery switches and killed the magneto`s. Do leave the avionics however. I`m also tempted to ask, do you have more than 1 gig of RAM? I ask this because realisticly XP doesn`t like 2 gig! I know that there is massive discusions regarding this area, and im not going to get into the, as far as i can see, rediculas and pointless debate. However, if you do have that amount then, id suggest that you replace with only 1gig and get a proggy called FS autostart. PhewBack to your question, starting this way is the recomended procedure by the FS Crew team! David

> I>ask this because realisticly XP doesn`t like 2 gig! I know>that there is massive discusions regarding this area, and im>not going to get into the, as far as i can see, rediculas and>pointless debate. If you don't want to "get into this ridiculous and pointless debate," then why did you bring it up? And why start off with a ridiculous statement like XP "realistically" doesn't "like" 2 gigs of RAM?2 gigs of RAM may not be necessary or your best bang for the buck, but XP can certainly handle it and use it if necessary. All versions of Windows XP support up to 4 GB of RAM. See http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/platf...PAE/PAEdrv.mspxDon S.

Guest Flamdar

Thanks for all the help.....everything is working finealthough I still have a problem setting the VREF speedon the FMC, but it's only an annoyance. I have set allthe cruise decent speeds and altitudes on the DES pageand the LEGS page but the #### FMC keeps asking me to set the VREF speed even though I have selected it and it sees it on the EFIS.John