Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrej

B738 vs B738W range

Guest Andrej

Hello all,I always wanted to ask this question. I believe that in real world, B738W (w/Winglets) has longer range than B738. (Correct me if I am wrong). Now, I guess that PMDG offers the same advantages or is it for "eyecandy" purposes?I have never done test to see the result, but if nobody knows the question, I guess that I will do the test and let you guys know. :-)Cheers,AndrejPS I really love your 737NG series!

>Hello all,>>I always wanted to ask this question. I believe that in real>world, B738W (w/Winglets) has longer range than B738. (Correct>me if I am wrong). >>Now, I guess that PMDG offers the same advantages or is it for>"eyecandy" purposes?>>I have never done test to see the result, but if nobody knows>the question, I guess that I will do the test and let you guys>know. :-)>>Cheers,>Andrej>>PS I really love your 737NG series!Hi Andre,Yes, the winglets provides greater range for all aircrafts fit with them. This includes the 747-400. The winglets reduce drag and so the engines burn less fuel and thus provides them with greater range. The 747s without winglets produce large amounts of drag, called wake turbulence, which are tornado type vortices produced at the wing tips. These wake turbulence are powerful enough to flip a small plane if it follows too closely behind a 747 on approach for landing. I haven't done the test but I think the PMDG 737s and 747s are modeled with the greater range. Ken.

Guest Andrej

Hello Ken,thanks for your answer!Cheers,Andrej