Sign in to follow this  
xkoote

2 CTD's on one leg.....

Hey gents,don' tpost often as I have had very few problems with my Queen. But on this leg I had 2 CTD's. One during cockpit prep and one during TOD.I used a FedEx 744F to fly from KSEA to LOWW (Seattle to Vienna). Both are Flytampa sceneries. After loading was almost complete and all data was inserted, it was a matter of waiting for all the doors to close and pushback. To make it easy I displayed the doors synoptic on my ND. When I pressed EICAS submenu.....poof! Goodby FS.It had gotten an arror in terrain.dll.So I restarted FS2004 and redid everything again. I took off at 0146z. After parallelling the northern US border, crossing the pond and crossing most of Europe, it was time to head down. By coincidence my COM1 was set up on LOWW ATIS. So at about 75NM out she started blaring. I listend to the actual weather and as I brought up the COM screen and pressed the COM1 xfer switch....boom!Screen went black for about 15 seconds, then I got the window saying there was a problem in atc.dll. This happened at 11:55z. After all that loss of sleep and anticipation.......BAM! , in your face.Couldn't beleive it of course but what is one to do. Now I'm not ###### or anything. I should have rebooted my 'puter since I got the first CTD. This happened in the same manner. Open a submenu, hit a button, gone. Have any of you gottin this problem before or did the lords of computerdom conjur up a bad startup for me yesterday evening?Xander

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

Guest SKireyev

I had something similar before. It was related to some unknown add-on that I had altering my .dll files. I had to reinstall the sim, and then the patch, to fix this. Now, if you had OOM errors, I could point you in the right direction...