Sign in to follow this  
NJ_Flyer

Sound Crackling

Cackling means to low on resources.. dive in to your fs9.cfg and set to 2 channels, 11025 khz, and 8 bit sound.You free up resources, since the sound is not sound but noise.You lower down the quality with this, but gain some resources.. and less crackling.. At least here it does.JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE!HELP:http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=238882

Guest The_Glideslope

Ok I had this problem with the 744 and I solved it.I also had in other packages by the way.This as to do with... CREATIVE and creative cloned drivers. I always had crackling and static like sounds with some of my packages that appeared and dissapeared whenever my board had to handle multiple sounds... It dissapeared when I pressed "Q" twice since it turns the sound on and off, thus reloading the sounds.The true problem lies within the number of voices the board handles and the Creative drivers are knows to have a lousy voice management.So the trick would be to increase the number of voices up to the max the board can handle. For example my Live! board handles up to 8 simultaneous voices but I can live with just 6.But it seems that the boys at creative "forgot" to let us work with this in late releases of their drivers. So for some time I couldn't change this, even though I already knew what was wrong and since I am sound designer for Add-Ons I was in trouble if I couldn't get this solved.I solved my problem by replacing my creative drivers with KX project that let's me choose the number of voices I require and does an excelent job managing these. You can find it here: http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?skip=1.Read the instructions before you decide whether or not you should download and replace your drivers.It worked for me but might not work as well for you! If you can find and increase the number of voices in your creative board I suggest you mess with that first. Remember the more voices the more processor cycles consumed.

G'Day againI dont have a Creative Soundcard Jon, so I that cant be the cause in my case. When I do test these planes out. I have clear weather, so cant see how that effects this. Also the aircraft is well above stall speed (over 100knts). I Agree the sounds are greatly improved over the 400 sound set. Until the crackling made its presence known.

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

G'Day everyone..I think I made a embarrasing mistake when I have replied to this thread. It appears that those of you that said that it occurs at low speed flight (within the yellow band) might be onto something. I've spent the last 30mins testing the aircraft at different speeds with real weather, and it appears that it only occurs once the aircraft has enetered the yellow band. A change it attitude (positive) also seemed to cause the sound, even if not in the yellow band (but close). Im guessing that the attitude changed caused the sound because the aircraft will reduce airspeed due to the positive input.So, I dont know where we stand on this. But I apologize to those of you that I disagreed with earlier. I buggered up.

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer