Sign in to follow this  
Guest svedman

FMC CoRoute "PROGRAM ERROR"

Guest svedman

Hi,When I try to enter a COROUTE in the FMC, any route, I get "PROGRAM ERROR". Here is what I do, and what happens:*) This applies to both the PMDG 737 and 747.*) I have the latest AIRACs from http://navdata.at/ and SID/STARs from http://www.planepath.com/ for PMDG products and FSNavigator installed.*) I'm using FSNavigator 4.7 with the PMDG export module installed.1) Using FSNavigator, I create a route starting with a runway and ending with a runway. I use the auto-calculate function. I change nothing manually.2) I export it, choosing the PMDG export format. The .rte file is saved in C:ProgramfilerMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9PMDGFLIGHTPLANS as it should. I verify that the file indeed is there.3) I use the FMC and enter the file name of the .rte file, without the .rte extension, and click on the COROUTE item selector to paste it in.4) The FMC reports "PROGRAM ERROR".5) I click the CLR button, and the FMC reports "NOT IN DATABASE".Those of you who are able to use the COROUTE function with your own routes, do your procedures differ from mine? Or does it work for you when doing as me?Best regards,

First, great post! Detailed, describes the process well and gives us enough information to quickly narrow what the potential problem could be. Thank you!FSNav may also be creating a faulty flight plan. As suggested, could you post the plan so we can take a look?

Guest svedman

Hi guys,Thank you very much for your responses.Inspired by your kind assistance, I've managed to narrow it down to KLAX. KLAX seems to be the culprit, and FSNavigator seems to cause the problem.Updating FSNavigator via the "Download SID/STARs" menu doesn't fix it.I didn't notice this initially, but every time I create a flight plan either to or from KLAX with FSNavigator, it shows up as Los Angeles Heliport in the plan view! This tiny bit of crucial information missed me before. Heliport, airport, what's the difference, eh? ;o)I assume this is why the FMC says NOT IN DATABASE...I've managed to get other company routes, not involving KLAX, to work properly. But I'd like to know: are you guys able to make flight plans involving KLAX? Or is it just me?Best regards,

I just created a flight from KLAX to KLAS and let FSNav create the route with SID and STAR selected. It produced a route, I exported it into the PMDG flightplan folder, input the name into the FMC of the 737NG and the 744 and no error message was noted.You may still have a database problem. Try reinstalling the 0513 AIRAC for the PMDG and FSNav from nadata.at. Try turning off any disk utilities like Norton, file checking software, or virus scanning when doing the reinstall.Jim Karnhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_pf.jpg

Guest svedman

Thank you for taking the time to do that!Re-installing only the AIRACs didn't help, so I uninstalled FSNavigator and re-installed it, and applied the latest AIRACs afterwards.This solved most of my problem - now it's limited to runway 7L. Meh. I don't know... According to the map in FS, 7L is part of KLAX, not the heliport.In either case, I'll conclude that the problem is on my end, and I thank you for your help, Jim!Best regards,

Guest D17S

LAX is the airport I

Guest The_Glideslope

Just a quick suggestion.I always found FSNav a bit unreal and somehow not close to what we need as virtual pilots.Try out FSBuild and see what I am talking about! Never had these import problems with this fantastic product.This suggestion is NOT at all biased! But I've searched a lot, and if you can't afford FliteStar, this is the closest thing!

Guest svedman

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try :()Best regards,