Sign in to follow this  
Guest ChrisEDDF

FS2004 start problems with PMDGOptions.dll

Guest ChrisEDDF

Hi!After having re-installed my whole system, today I re-installed FS2004. I also installed the 744 and 744F, and here the problems start...When I start FS2004 it stops loading right after displaying the loading picture. CPU Usage from the 'fs9.exe' process remains steadily at 100%. So I tried a few things and found that as soon as I take PMDGOptions.dll out of the Modules folder FS2004 starts without any problems. As soon as I put it in again, same error...I checked the forum and found no one had a similar error before. Is there any possibility that anyone might help me here???Before re-installing my system everything was working fine. Hardware changes were not made.I really hope anyone can help as I need to fly the 744F again...Christian EtteltEDDF

First, if I remember correctly FS usually takes 100% of the CPU usage. This should not be a problem if FS is running fine. Are you having FS performance issues?If not, the PMDGOptions.dll is a main DLL for the 744. Deleting it will cause unpredicatble results and may improve system performance because the system is no longer executing PMDG's programing.Please post a few more details so we can help.

Guest ChrisEDDF

Ok, maybe I didn't express myself clearly the first time. I am not having any FS performance issues as the sim is not starting up...When it starts loading, it doesn't go past the start-up screen (the one with the titles). It's not doing anything, not even accessing the harddrives. Still the CPU usage remains at 100%... It's just stuck at that point. No error messages, no CTD...Of course I know that I cannot remove PMDGOptions.dll from the Modules folder. But in order to use the sim I have to remove it as it is not starting up otherwise (as described above). And while the problem is there I cannot use any PMDG aircraft... That's what is causing the headache. I really want to use the 744...I found out that a second dll is also causing the same problem. It's TrafficInfo.dll and while one of the two DLLs or both of them are in the Modules directory, the problem exists. As soon as none of them is in there anymore, everything (apart from PMDG aircraft) is working fine...I cannot be a system problem as it is a fresh system install with no hardware changes since the last installation. And until I did the new installation everything was working fine. No new software in comparison to the old installation was installed. FS is at the moment even running with less add-ons than before. Basically, only FSUIPC 3.53 and all my addon scenery is installed. Nothing else yet...I really hope, that anyone can help me with this as I want to fly the great PMDG 744 again...Christian EtteltEDDF

>>I really hope, that anyone can help me with this as I want to>fly the great PMDG 744 again...>>Christian Ettelt>EDDFIf you own the 737, did you install that first? Do a search in this forum for the pmdgoptions.dll. There was much on this after the release, and after the update came out.- John

Also, take a look at the PMDG install readme.txt. It has lots of information concerning the sequence and how to re-install your PMDG products.

Run the updated patch. The pmdgoptions.dll error was fixed in the update.Gary

If you have the original 1.0 747 Passenger version, follow this install order:747-400 1.0 main installer747-400 1.1 patch747-400F main installer747-400F patch (if you purchased before it was released)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest ChrisEDDF

OK, I tried around a bit more and solved the problem...When re-installing my system, I bought a new Antivirus/Spyware solution as that was the reason for my re-install. So, I bought 'Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security'.While this software is running and I installed the PMDG 744 and 744F it corrupts PMDGOptions.dll and TrafficInfo.dll and causes that problem. So, I installed the PMDG products without the software running and ... problem solved! Now, when I restart Panda 2006 IS and try to start FS2004 the problem comes back. As soon as I disable it, the problem is gone...Again: My Antivirus software corrupted those files! No problem with the PMDG software.But, I read a lot of tests about Internet Security and found that the Panda software is supposedly a very good one. I cannot tolerate any software corrupting anything on my system and therefore am looking for any other good and recommended Internet Security solution. Any suggestions there?Christian EtteltEDDF