Sign in to follow this  
Viennaman

Clock

Hi People,Just was doing VHHH - EGLL and once again i realized that the clock in the 744 is going slower than the real one.What to do ??Marek

I am not sure what you mean by this. The 744 clock is working fine. If you're referring to comparing FS time (744 clock) to the PC's system time; they can be different for many reasons including:- FS startup options- The amount of time it takes for FS to start- FS Rate (2X, 4X, etc)If you want the times synchronized then be sure to update the FS time once FS has started (from the pull down menu). Also, don't use the acclerated sim rates function (2X, 4X, etc).

I have started having this problem in the last couple of weeks. It even happens when I am flying at normal x1 speed. First time I noticed it was last week when my ETA into LHR was originally for example 0500z, it then started creeping back to 0530z and then it went back after a couple of hours to 0630-0700z which was most annoying. Way points that I should have been at in say, 90 mins, turned out to be 2 or more hours away. The only way I could reset it was to start my saved flight again. I could understand the ETA changing by +/- 30 mins or so due winds etc but not by an hour or more. I thought it might have just been my system but obviously someone else has had the same problem as well. Is it possibly something to do with the computer switching to DST time as it hasn;t happend before?

I have just had the problem come up again. The clock has now jumped back. It was at about 0520 GMT and it jumped back to 0420 GMT. Very Strange!!!

Guest The_Glideslope

Simple solutionGo to FSUIPC, Technical Page and select "Keep FS clock Sync'd to real time".It's a FS9 glitch.

Or if you are flying with times not the same as computer time get FS Real Time and that will sort it out nicely.

I did try google and couldn;t see anything apart from every page that had either 'FS' or 'Real Time' somewhere in it, thats why I asked here!!!Thanks anyway, I will give it a go.

Hi!You can do a search @ Avsim.com for the latest Version of FS Real Time: realtime_186911.zip .Ralf

Intel I7-6700K@4.2GHz,ASUS GTX 1080 Strix,Samsung 4K TV  

Ralf Zimmermann

i dont mean to resurrect an extremely old topic, but i seem to be having this issue too with FS9...fresh off the skewed ND problem, its not real time that im having an issue with...its the speed of time versus the flight sim clock. it started when i did an EWR-MCO flight in 1.7 hours (no traffic, no wind, so i thought i might have been lucky)...but now im flying a much longer flight, KMCO-EHAM and ive covered almost 3000 miles in 4 hours (by the FS clock)...how can this be? then i did a little counting and the difference between decimal minutes is not 6 seconds as it should be...its more like 9 seconds. just to confirm i tried setting the timer back to 0 on the clock. and sure enough it counts away minutes each time the second hand goes around, but the flight sim clock takes about a minute and a half of real time to go 1 minute.this is all on sim rate 1X, i have FSUIPC registered, and recently fixed the now-famous skewed ND problem with the registry fixer from Flight1 as suggested here, that works beautifully, but could the program have edited something else and change the time rate or something?