Sign in to follow this  
Nige

747-400 Load Manager? What Load Manager?

Hi!Just installed the 747-400 and searched the entire forum for an answer, but couldn't find the answer!I have no Load Manager. Have I missed something, and the Load Manager is installed via a separate download?Nothing on the desktop, nothing in the PMDG folder, nor the aircraft folder.Secondly, given that PMDG now has quite a few products, would it not be sensible to sub-divide the forum so that it's easy to search/browse under a particualr topic?ThanksNige

hi nige,re the subdivision of the forum to their respective aircraft: they decided not to do that in the end.as for the load manager... sounds like the a/c didn't load properly. usually, it creates a shortcut on the desktop.uninstall and redownload is my suggestiontomasx

Thanks.Strange that the sales pages are sub-divided, the downloads are sub-divided, the liveries are sub-divided but the forum is one big heap, where searching for load manager returns nearly 400 results!Oh dear, I was afraid of that! The download speed from PMDG is incredibly slow for me - Currently chugging away at 50KB/sec on a 2Mb connection (and my download speed for other sites is ok at the moment).Thanks again, I'll just have to wait....

Erm....Uninstalled.Redownloaded.Re-Installed.Still no Load Manager on the desktop, but this time found it in the main PMDG folder.

Dave,Look in ...Flight Simulator 9PMDGThe file is called 747400_LoadManager.exeSeems the PMDG installer takes its cue from these forums and just thows everything into the same big pot. Presumably so us users can have "fun" searching through everything to find what we want.

DAVE!HAVE YOU TRIED LOOKING IN START|ALL PROGRAMS|PMDG SIMULATIONS? IF NOT THERE, HAVE YOU TRIED TO REINSTALL? THE USER YOU REPLIED TO DID AND SUCCEEDED TO SOLVE HIS PROBLEM? HOPE YOU HEAR ME LOUD AND CLEAR! ;-)HOPE IT HELPS,

Yeah,The dev team is furiously trying to figure out new oddities to pester users with. Now they have to find some other way... ;-)Well at least they didn't throw everything into the FS root folder but actually created a folder named PMDG. Oh and wait there are sub folders there too. 737NG, 747400, FLIGHTPLANS, SIDSTARS, ICONS. Man it seems really well organized! ;-)Cheers,

>Seems the PMDG installer takes its cue from these forums and>just thows everything into the same big pot. Presumably so us>users can have "fun" searching through everything to find what>we want.Maybe it's just me, but if you are looking for something from a certain company, the first place I would look is in their folder. I guess that would that make way too much sense.

I think this problem arises from the fact that:(a) The installation notes refer to the Load Manager being placed on the desktop (which is wasn't in my case, even after a re-install)(:( Although there is a PMDG folder, and yes, even sub-folders for each plane, the load managers are in the main PMDG folder rather than in (the more logical) plane's sub-folder.Consistency of approach is all that's needed. If a program installs sub-folders, then install everything related to the product in its own sub-folder. Or at the very least get the documentation to tally with what actually happens.And on the subject of the forums, there are currently 886 pages covering all PMDG's products. Surely that's enough to warrant a sub-forum for each?

>Or at the very least get the>documentation to tally with what actually happens.>Mine does.S

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models