Sign in to follow this  
Guest allblack

Couple of new user questions please.

Guest allblack

Hi guys. Just had my first

Guest svedman

1/ My initial guess is that this is related to your game resolution, if your hardware is fairly new. I'm running FS2004 in 1280x1024, and the LCD screens show up perfectly smooth and readable in their original states.You could boost other display settings in FS too, if you have the hardware to support it. All I can say is that my 747 cockpit looks great.2/ I can only give you my own impression here - but idle thrust will not make this bird move, even when it's already moving. I find that I often have to adjust thrust as the plane is picking up speed or decelerating on the taxiway.Additionally, I strongly recommend that you get a joystick with a thrust lever of some kind, to be able to control the thrust (and the remaining axises) much better, and smoother.Also, use the ground speed (GS) indicator on the navigation display (ND) when taxiing, as the airspeed indicator will not move under 30 knots.Best regards,

Guest allblack

Thanks for that.I thought about the resolution, but I'm loathed to change it because it currently works great for the other planes mentioned....Is it likely I will have to? Is it logical that whilst it may be high enough for the 767, it may need to be even higher for the 747?CheersTim

Guest allblack

Thanks Ryan, I appreciate your comments.Didn't know about the zoom feature, maybe that was after Page 38 of the AOM??? ; )Thanks also for your comments re: taxiing. I'll stick with 30-odd kts, and every other bugger can just get outta my way!CheersTim

Guest The_Glideslope

1- Monitor/Video Board resolution as stated by the previous users. I run my system in 1024x768 and it runs fine with full resolution textures and anti-aliasing. In fact with much more quality than LDS7672- 30Kts? Why? I can make any taxi going with my throttle to 50% and then idle and it rolls up to 20kts and I adjust speed for turns with the brakes.I'm no special pilot, but I've done this over and over. I never felt a glitch here, although I do feel that inertial forces could be better as I brake to halt using the same distance with or without full cargo load.

Guest svedman

Higher resolutions will make the LCD screens, and all other parts of the 2D cockpit, much sharper. Hence lower resolutions, such as 800x600 and maybe even 1024x768, *will* make it look blurry.I found that changing to a resolution of 1280x1024 did not significally affect frame rates, so you might as well try it and see if it helps. :)You could always change the screen resolution back if it puts too much of a strain on your computer.Best regards,