Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter Bruun

Engines Out 737-800NG

Guest Peter Bruun

HelloAfter installing the Queen of sky, and not flying my 737NG 6/7/8/9oo for some time, i have encountered a strange problem. Nearly every time i try to get airborne (or after landing)i get "Engines Out", very annoying.I tried to remove and reinstall the whole range of PMDG planes again, only to find the problem is still there................Sigh! does anyone have a clue of the course ?.Thanks in AdvanceJP

Guest Peter Bruun

Does anyone have similar experiences after installing the 747, and to ammend, it does not seem to happen in the 736,.....still confused.

I've had this happen one time with the 737-700; shortly after takeoff, while still climbing, both engines flamed out for no apparent reason - everything set properly. I've subsequently flown the aircraft through two takeoff and landing cycles, with a duration of almost 5 hours, with no further problem.DJ

Guest RoSPA_David

Might seem obvious but have you set random engine failures ? David

Too easy... no, I haven't. Interestingly enough, the failure flight took place after I had flown the 747F. It isn't a bit clear how that could have had anything to do with it, because I always start with the default Cessna and load over it in a fresh run of FS. Failures aren't enabled in the 747 either. Another interesting tidbit is that I had a failure (bleed overheat - my fault for leaving the apu on and bleed enabled) in an unrelated 747 flight, without failures enabled. Love that 747!DJ

Guest Peter Bruun

Hej David & DJNo failure set, and opposite DJ, it happens all the time. At first (i was online at IVAO) it was quite a challenge when the callout sounded and i lost power during take-off from EKCH. I managed the situation and it was a thrill, but now it's just a pain happening again and again. I was among the first buying the 737-600/700 and by that, i have, like so many others, gone through the very troublesome proces carried out by PMDG, untill we finally ended up with the perfect Bird,....and now this ! I have must consider abandoning my beloved 737-800 after flying it for maybee more than a thousand hours.

Peter,As I noted, it's happened to me on one out of (now) 5 flights. Perhaps instead of abandoning your love, you might consider reinstalling it and follow that up with a reinstall of the 747... I make no claim that it will help, but it can't hurt and might save the day.DJ

Guest Peter Bruun

Hej DJ Reg. Reinstall. - i have already tried it out, and followed the path with first 736 then upgrade to version 1.3, then the 738 and finally the 747, but with no luck at all. it is anyhow strange that we end up with this problem, and noone have a solution. I really wonder what can trigger it. I always start up with the default mode with the C172 in KSEA, then chewse the B738 or B736, then relocate. I have anyhow noticed that the autothrottle sometimes is off sometimes on, without me making any change in the setting, do you se the same ?.

It is weird, but probably a function of our particular setups - otherwise the forum would be overrun with complaints, and of course, I've had only the one failure. I follow much the same practice that you do, except that I relocate the Cessna to where ever I'm flying from and then load the 737. I have never had the autothrottle reload on - the fuel taps and the engine bleeds are always on, but I think that is a function of the way the Cessna systems are modeled.I can't imagine what is going on with your setup, to have such consistant failures... I know the 737 has some peculiarities with the way the cross feed works, and the way the center tank takes priority over the wing tanks when the pumps are on, but beyond that, once the engines are lit they should stay lit.Have you tried loading the 747, going to a pure tank to engine configuration with all cross feeds off and center tank pumps off, then ending the flight and loading up the Cessna, and 737? I don't know why that would make a difference, of course, and only offer it as an off the wall notion.DJ

Guest Peter Bruun

Thanks DJ.I will try Your suggestion, and see what happens. Anyhow it pussles me, that after flying the b737 for so many hours after it became stable, without any problems, this occurs after dwl and installing the B747. There must be a connection. Further it is a keen "failure" incident, - the callout and engines die - something must trigger it :(=

Guest Peter Bruun

Hej DJ,..Good news !Just to let you know, i finally found a way out of the problem.After trying diff. settings etc. i finally removed the whole installation, DWL new update files, installed it all again, and untill now, after many many trials, i have not encountered any problems, so i gues (cross fingers) that it must have been a corrupted file after all.Anyhow,..thanks for sharing these dreadfull moments with me ;O)Take CareJP

Hurrah! I'm very glad that things have worked out for you - I hate to see anyone lose their love...DJ