Sign in to follow this  
Guest JTH

"Config flaps" warning on takeoff even though flaps are out

Guest JTH

Ever since I got my CH Throttle Quadrant and set flaps to one its levers and spoilers to another, I have had this issue. Basically I program a flaps 20 takeoff in the FMC as normal and throw out the flaps well in advance of rolling out on the runway for takeoff. Yet when I then apply full power for takeoff, I get loud warnings saying "config flaps" and "spoilers extd". Now flaps ARE configured and the spoilers ARE not out (both of these have been verified when I click "THROTTLE" in the panal switcher). The warning stops when the co-pilot calls out "V1".Can anyone help solve this issue? I assume it must be something to do with putting flaps/spoilers on levers on my throttle quadrant. I mean they work fine otherwise, it just seems to think the spoilers are deployed on takeoff and the flaps aren't extended for some reason! Thanks, Greg.

Guest Matthias1975

Well the flaps extension is modeld quite realistic and takes some time untill it

>Ever since I got my CH Throttle Quadrant and set flaps to one>its levers and spoilers to another, I have had this issue.>Basically I program a flaps 20 takeoff in the FMC as normal>and throw out the flaps well in advance of rolling out on the>runway for takeoff. Yet when I then apply full power for>takeoff, I get loud warnings saying "config flaps" and>"spoilers extd". Now flaps ARE configured and the spoilers ARE>not out (both of these have been verified when I click>"THROTTLE" in the panal switcher). The warning stops when the>co-pilot calls out "V1".>>Can anyone help solve this issue? I assume it must be>something to do with putting flaps/spoilers on levers on my>throttle quadrant. I mean they work fine otherwise, it just>seems to think the spoilers are deployed on takeoff and the>flaps aren't extended for some reason! Thanks, Greg. Well I certainly know these warnings ;-) yet this could be an issue with your hardware? If the spoilers are indeed stowed and flaps fully deployed there really can be no other reason for this message. I would make certain that the eicas shows flaps fully in TO postion (at least 10) and that the speedbrake lever is in the pown position completly. If this is indeed true then unplug your CH controller and try to TO without it, if so then you have an issue with the configuation. Having a registered copy of FSUIPC should be of some help here too................Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

Guest Hawkeyeted

>Ever since I got my CH Throttle Quadrant and set flaps to one>its levers and spoilers to another, I have had this issue.>Basically I program a flaps 20 takeoff in the FMC as normal>and throw out the flaps well in advance of rolling out on the>runway for takeoff. Yet when I then apply full power for>takeoff, I get loud warnings saying "config flaps" and>"spoilers extd". Now flaps ARE configured and the spoilers ARE>not out (both of these have been verified when I click>"THROTTLE" in the panal switcher). The warning stops when the>co-pilot calls out "V1".The flaps/speedbrakes may/may not be VISUALLY out. All it takes is for FS to sense that the axis you've assigned as ONE detent off. You have to make ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that you've calbrated, nulled, and widened the dead zone on the axis. The best way is to assign the axis through FSUIPC and not via FS9. That way, you can SEE the numbers nulled and zoned.

Guest JTH

Right well I have a registered FSUIPC so I will try that r.e. the spoilers. Not sure how I will get the flaps to work though, EICAS clearly shows them fully extended at 20, as does the flap handle.Thanks for the help so far.

Guest JTH

Well I'm really happy to report that the adjustments in FSUIPC have done the job. Thanks for the help!!

Guest smjfreeman

Can you tell us how you did this in fsuipc please?It would help me too.Cheers

Guest JTH

I just set the values in FSUIPC rather than in MSFS and it seemed to correct itself!