Sign in to follow this  
StarBlue

Flying Old School - 727

I have been really wanting to get a hi-def 727, I really love the lines of this little tri-tail. I have noticed that Captain Sim has one and DreamFleet just released theirs, trying to decide which one to get. I am only wanting serious comments, but is there someone out there that has either of these products? If so I would love to know what you think. I know this is a PMDG forum, but since we know what the best is like (737NG,747QotS) you know how they should stack up. I would love to see PMDG make a 727, but I feel it is way old school with no FMC and so chances are PMDG wants something modern built in THIS century.

Captainsim was good for its day but nothing comes close to the Dreamfleet 727

I have the Dreamfleet 727. It comes with lots of liveries and you have to study to get it flying and I believe it is very close to real life. All the panels and funcionality are there making it not so easy to fly. Rick

>Captainsim was good for its day but nothing comes close to>the Dreamfleet 727I would like to echo Alex's comments. The DF727 is awesome, immersive and wonderful to fly.Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/c130/c130_captain.gif

Dave Taylor gb.png

The DF 727 is to steam gauges as the PMDG 747 is to the glass era. If you are a three holer fan, you'll love this plane!DJ

Hey thanks for all of the input! I guess it is fairly clear the DF 727 is the one to get. The 727 has a place near and dear to my heart, it was the first plane I EVER was on. I think it was a Huges Air West "Yellow Banana" from SLC to PDX when I was 4, anyway it made a huge impression on me. Too bad the 7J7 never "got off the ground". In case any of you don't know what a 7J7 is, it was ment to replace the 727. But it used pretty much the same body, T-Tail, Two Unducted Fan Engines (minus the one in the tail), Glass Cockpit, Carbon Fiber Composites, same graceful wing sweep. Oh most of the avionics that were ment to go into the 7J7 ended up in the 777. But we ended up getting three great aircraft out of it, for Boeing dumped a lot of that technology into the 737NGs, 757-300, and the 777.