Sign in to follow this  
Guest Glaudrung

Black CRT's in 747-400 pax

Guest Glaudrung

Hello,After some flying in the cargo version I thought to take out the pax version for some longhaul flight.Great idea except that the crt's turn black after a minute or so.I have searched this forum, found some answers but no solutions.I have both the 747's installed in the correct order. I know for sure that the activation of both planes worked correctly during installation so I wonder what could have gone wrong.What I do know is that I am sick and tired of this fight against flightsimulator. I want to fly, have a good time and the last thing I need is the frustration of another crash, problem or whatever.And I don't point the finger at PMDG here. I have all their products for Fs and I have enjoyed them enormously.It's just that, with every new step forward, everything else seems to come less compatibleI'm curious who's gonna solve this one...Luc 'Glaudrung' BrusselmansBelgium

Let me be clear sir, there is only one reason why the displays blank in the way you discribe and that is because of activation issues......................Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

Guest Glaudrung

I completely agree,the thing is, after the installation of the 747, I made several flights with no problems at all. I installed The 747F, and again, I made a couple of flights with everything in order.When I turned back to the pax version, trouble started.And even now, the 747F works like dream... And, since I'm not a complete idiot, yes I am 100 % sure that the activation was completed and ok when I installed the 747 pax...So I am very interested in WHY and HOW the 747 was deactivated. First of all because I want to solve the problem and secondly because I want to avoid that problem in the future...Anyway, though your answer is rather short, even this idiot can read between the lines that he has to reinstall...ThanksLuc 'Glaudrung' BrusselmansBelgium

I just happen to read this thread because I was curious. What struck me was the surprising response from someone in the beta team. He answered a perfectly honest question relating to the product in such a rude and un-helpful way. The tone of the respondent was very condescending. It almost seemed like the respondent was defending his inferiority complex, not to mention uses of bold-face to hammer home the point along with embarrassing spelling errors. And thus, garnering the defensive response from the original poster.It doesn't help to be curt with your customers. It's also awfully unprofessional. I would also hope, that being part of a beta team shoulders a small responsibility in representing the company you are testing for, and in a way, one becomes a representative of the company to its customers. With responses such as that, it looks bad on you and on the company.I can sympathize with PMDG's position of keeping certain people in their place once certain threads become unruly, or turn into impertinent banter (i.e., posters who tell "Randazzo" what to do; do this and that; what you should have done etc.; and who are at times, just plain rude). But like I observed, the poster's question appeared legitimate.Respectfully submitted,TomasLoyal Customer of all of PMDG's products.

Luc,If you email support@precisionmanuals.com with your order number and an explanation of the issue they'll get you set up.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Glaudrung

Tomas,your posting is a very precise expression of the feelings I had when I first read the answer to my question.The problem is that my English isn't too good (Native language is Dutch)and that I often doubt the true meaning of the poster's answer(s). In this case I am very glad that somebody shared that feeling that I had.Anyway, in the meantime, I had a complete reinstall of the 747's ans all seems to work as planned. I think I even found the culpritt that caused the 'deactivation'.I'm flying for Westwind Airlines VA and they supplied a livery for the pmdg 747. I seriously think that I deactivated the original 747 by installing that livery.I'm not going to experiment again and I'll keep myself to the original liveries from the PMDG website.ThanksLuc 'Glaudrung' BrusselmansBelgium

Guest Glaudrung

Rian,Thanks for the info.In the meantime, and because I am not afraid to experiment with a pc, I did a complete reinstall (and a new activation) of the complete 747 series and it seems that all is working well.The 'why' question hasn't been answered though but I guess that it will remain so. I did found the cause (most probable cause) in a livery that wasn't supllied by PMDG.I am flying for Westwind Airlines VA and they put a livery for the pmdg 747 on their site. I think something happens with a .cfg file and by tampering with it, it deactivates the 747.I kept myself to the pmdg liveries and all is well now.ThanksLuc 'Glaudrung' BrusselmansBelgiumhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Luc-Is westwind VA replacing the aircraft.cfg file in order to install their livery?If yes- then this was your problem....The Aircraft.cfg and about 20 other files get imprinted with information at the product. If you then replace these files without regard for the imprint- then the airplane will cease working.In other words, you have to use the aircraft.cfg that came with your installation- and you can add to that file freely if you wish- just be certain you only remove from that file entries that you made. If you remove entries that WE made- then you might have problems...FWIW: "This fight against FS" is going to get quite a bit worse in the future, I fear. The proliferaiton of dishonest simmers who share and swap commercial products makes it necessary to include more and more draconian measures to protect our products. We wish it wasn't so, but as long as it is "sport" for these folks to steal from us, we'll have to keep tightening the locks.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Glaudrung

Robert,I'm not quite sure about the whole thing. The only indication I had that Westwind VA did did something with the aircraft.cfg was the copy of the original .cfg that I found in the aircraft folder.So I assume that they 'wrote' their own .cfg file without knowing that they made the aircraft unusable.I did check the forum at Westwind but there is nobody that had the same problem but it seems to me the only logical cause...The 747's work like a dream again and that's what really matters.Thanks for the helpPS I finally made the effort to add a banner...