Sign in to follow this  
Guest alanrco

autospoiler issue

Guest alanrco

How does this work?I can only arm the autospoiler by clicking on it. The asigned key for arming (shift+/) fully deploys it, as does /The spoilers do not automatically deploy on landing even tho I have throttles to idle (F1) and the relevent armed light is on.I have tried the range of 737 (600 thru 900). Bit fed up with having to manually do this everytime as that is totally unrealistic!Alan

Guest 102301636

Alan,If I remember correctly...the shift+/ does not work to arm the spoiler on the NG like it does on default fs aircraft. You have to actually arm it yourself on the throttle quadrant, this is why '/' and shift+/ are deploying the spoilers for you.As for your problem with the spoilers not extending on landing, I am not sure, someone else will surely have an answer for you on this issue, I use FS2Crew now (excellent product to go along with the NG btw) and my FO sets up landing config while I fly the approach so thats how I know my spoilers extend on touchdown...Hope this helps a small bit,Alan

I've read several threads on this issue, seems that FS9 is kinda awkard to work with in this regard. I've made it a habit to hit the F1 key to idle thrust during flare and / key to throw up the spoilers on touchdown. This works for me, plus I know the spoilers will lay down when I hit the / again at 60 kt instead of the uncertainty that results from trying to use armed spoilers. My last key stroke is the F5 key to retract the flaps as I roll off the active.

Dan Downs KCRP

There were numerous threads in the past which discussed this issue. The short version is that joystick noise coupled with pilot error was the usual culprit. The spoilers must be armed by using the mouse to pull them into the armed position. Be sure to either calibrate your throttles properly or disconnect the autothrottle and use the F1 key about 30' above the runway to have the throttles at idle when the wheels hit the pavement. Any throttle setting above idle insures the spoilers remain stowed.Using the Shft+ / command just isn't an option in the 737NG due to the way the aircraft was designed. Arm them with the mouse, calibrate your throttles and they deploy every time. Jim Karnhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_pf.jpg

Guest RoSPA_David

I do beleive that if the spoilers are configured correctly, then they should extend once you apply reverse thrust! Atleast mine do. Maybe its just luck :)David

Not luck, David, you're closing the throttles when you apply reverse thrust and with the spoilers armed, they deploy. If the spoilers are armed and the throttles are configured properly, during an autoland or otherwise, the spoilers will always deploy at touchdown.Jim Karnhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_pf.jpg

Hi Alan, I'm flying a 737 NG (-700) and I don't have your problem. The autospoilers arm correctly using Shift+/ and deploy on touchdown when they should. Or I can activate them manually using /. All works as it should.Hope you find a solution.Geoff

Geoffrey Kent