Sign in to follow this  

Another neat FS2K2 feature not recently discussed....

If you press the square bracket key"[" , a second window opens up and pressing the "s" key now cycles the small window through the usual view choices. Framerates now remain pretty smooth with a second window open (I recall a huge hit with earlier versions). So, you can remain in cockpit and simultaneously see your plane from an external view. The trouble is,when I try to look left or right using the keyboard or hat switch, it is the small view that responds, not the major cockpit view. Now,,,,I recall there was a key command to put differing views "on top", and in an old FS98 guide, it is the "'" key. That doesn't work in 2002. However, I found in the FS2K2 online help that merely clicking the mouse on the window you want to get control of does the trick. I just confirmed that it works. I hadn't seen these second window options discussed recently, so thought I would float the idea, especially for "newbies". We have some stunning craft to fly now, and it is a lot of fun to both see the plane and see the panel, a kind of poor man's two monitor setup.Richard Ball

i thought just by clicking on the cockpit view itself would be sufficent enought to put it on top, well at least it works for me, might not be the same for you