Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 747-400/400F Type Rating Course Lesson 1

>Nameless->>(Please sign your posts in this forum!)>>>I think he means PMDG Type Rating Course Lesson 1, page 4....>>>You can download lessons 1 and 2 from the DOWNLOADS page,>DOCUMENTATION...>>(Or the top post of this thread for #1!)>>Lesson2 is out!!! Downloading, thanks, Robert!One question: having troubles to locate:PNEUMATICS PANELPack SYS FAULT Light

>When I first got the plane, the first thing I wanted to>understand was how the AFS (Autoflight System) handled the>take-off routine. But it was always happening so fast that I>couldn't watch it all, or even control the airplane well>enough to duplicate a test take-off. So, what I started doing>was using MSFS's simulator speed option. You might know that>you can speed up the sim to get through an 8 hour>trans-Atlantic flight more quickly, but did you see that you>could also slow the sim down to 1/2 or even 1/4 speed? You>can! >>I flew TO after TO at 1/4 speed so I could see my airspeeds>more precisely and where AFS modes were shifting. PMDG just>presented a course on takeoffs. Try flying the lessons at 1/2>or 1/4 speed. You will have much better luck controlling the>airplane and watching what's going on in the AFS. >Thanks, Sam! I never used or thought of deceleration option in FS9 indeed. By "try flying the lessons" do you mean the current one being discussed in this thread? I guess you've already flown Lesson2 then since there's nothing to fly in Lesson1 yet.Thanks.Dirk.

>PNEUMATICS PANEL>Pack SYS FAULT Light

Guest D17S

Yea, the lesson 2. I'm going through it now, but I painfully went through my own learning curve without the kind help of a patient tutor and an organized course. Actually, the forum presented quite a brutal environment back then. It's much better now. So jump on in. You're really going to enjoy the ride.

>>PNEUMATICS PANEL>>Pack SYS FAULT Light

HAHA I just happened to head over there after answering your post here, and saw "Dirk89". I thought "well, that can't be a coincidence". It is such a small little sim world.Okay, enough small talk. Back on topic. NEXT!

Guest pablo_gsxr750_aus

Hi there new to lesson 1, is it me, my PC or does lesson 1 always want to connect to the web before fully loading up? Is there anyway of stopping this? Lesson 2 doesn't appear to do this..? Anyone help pls? Minor problem I know but I can't be online when I'm flying, that's all.Many thanks...Pablo

As Cpt. Randazzo stated the PMDG 747 is more advanced that it appeared at first. The FMC does more than I thought. I have done a lot of good flying with it but I would like to go through the TRC Lessons. I copied eveything exactly as it says in the documentation and was able to get through lesson 1. I went to do lesson 2 and found the plane not powered up as the lesson states when seleceting the flight for lesson 2 - part 1. I believe my folder structure has been compromised. I have tried renaming folders and manually copying files as noted in the doumentation and also extracting the zip files as instructed in the documentation but all the files don't seemm to be in the correct place. Sorry to run on here. When I bought my first PMDG plane I made a fresh install on a large drive just for FS. All addons have been installed there. The folder structure is Program Files/Flight Simulator 9/and the tree goes on from that.Are my folder names wrong for the install using extract from Winzip?Regards and I would appreciate any help or suggestionsRick

Hi!I was trying to start the TRC Lesson 1 with FSX, after copying to files to the mentioned directories:PMDG-744-TRC-Lesson 1.sav -> <Flight Sim Root Directory>\PMDG\747400\PanelState\PMDG-744-TRC-Lesson 1.FLT -> <Flight Sim Root Directory>\Flights\PMDG\PMDG-744-TRC-Lesson 1.WX -> <Flight Sim Root Directory>\Flights\PMDG\The panel state works fine, but the flight files don't come up in my Flight Load list at all.The folders are for FS2004, or should they be working with FSX as well?Could someone give me a little support on running these lessons with PMDG747-400X pls?Thanks!PS: Sorry, problem solved, I just copied the files to my document fsx folder, and it works fine.