Sign in to follow this  
Guest ifcollins

My First PMDG 747 Video

Guest lespindo

Hi Ian!!! you will find Mike Ray's procedures manual atwww.feelthere.com You see this is something that goes together withthe 744. He also wrote for the 737 /767 /and One for the 700 series.(all Included).you will never regret this manual..even the real world pilots have it.Capt. Ray has over 30 yrs. experience.Ian could you tell me how to make a video? Man I have no idea how to do it. I can Fly but I'm not very good with this computer stuff.... I would like to do A video landing at Quito Airport(SEQU) only by Instruments.. Very challenging task... VOR-DME Rwy 35. It's a Biggy. Happy Flying!!!!!

Guest ifcollins

Hi Luis,I have bought Capt. Ray's Manual and downloaded it, it looks realy good, I'll have a good read of that tommorrow>Ian could you tell me how to make a video? Man I have no idea>how to do it. I can Fly but I'm not very good with this>computer stuff.... I would like to do A video landing at Quito>Airport(SEQU) only by Instruments.. Very challenging task...>VOR-DME Rwy 35. It's a Biggy.>>Yes, no problem. I will drop you an email tomorrow with some details in.ATBIan EGBB

Guest Clansman

>Good video but my constructive criticism would be that the>music is completely unnecessary - muffling all other sounds>that may be interesting for some to hear. At the very least>its volume should be turned down.Hi Michael,I see your point; I thought of that too. The music can get in the way of some nice sounds. However if the video gets longer (2min+) the music is necessary to prevent boredom. One solution could be to skip music on the first and last moments (where most of the action really is) and leave it during cruise, along with good bankings and landscape views.Cheers,Pedro Venda.

Guest svedman

I would also like to point out that I noticed you were using the FS2004 replay function to record the landing from the spot plane view.When you use the replay function, only the movement of your plane is replayed - any flap movement, spoiler movement, external light changes etc. are not replayed.So even if you did arm the spoilers, which you admit you didn't ;), they still wouldn't show on the replay of the landing.Best regards,

Guest svedman

[Message deleted]

Guest svedman

>Some background music is absolutely fine. But its volume>should be well balanced with other sounds, it should not be>like walking into a disco. ;)I agree with this. The background music, I thought, was a good thing. But it was a tiny bit too loud... :)Best regards,