Sign in to follow this  
Guest northwestEWR

PMDG 744 and 744F won't install with x64.

Guest northwestEWR

I just installed Windows XP Pro x64 last week and I've been re-installing all my payware and have had no problems until I reached the PMDG 744 and 744F. I get the following error : " The image file C:................desktopPMDG747_400F.zip is valid, but it is for another machine type other than the current machine. " What should I do ?Nick Anderson

Nick-We had a few beta testers who were running XP65 during beta testing- and some of the horror stories we heard of a broad range of applications failing to install or run made both of them revert to WinXP...XP64 appears to be less than optimal.We do not support it at this time, nor do we anticipate offering specific support for it.FWIW: Microsoft claims that XP compatible products will run in XP64. It has been our experience that this is not the case.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest northwestEWR

So you're saying I'm screwed.............. Great ! Over $80 lost.

Guest northwestEWR

Is there anything I can do ? I really love the PMDG 747s and don't want to not be able to fly them. No offense guys but this really sucks.Nick Anderson

Have you tried logging in using the administrator user and running the installer.There seems to be a difference between a user with administrator privileges and the administrator user.RegardsRussell Jourdain (ANZ007/ZK-RHJ)

Nick,Why it is working for me and not on your machine is beyond me. I've got my x64 installed since it became available and never had any problems installing software excpet maybe system maintenance software which is understandable.I never had a problem with any PMDG installer or any other aircraft installer for that matter. So it must be something else causing this...How did you install your x64? Was it an upgrade onto the normal XP or did you format your drives and made a fresh install? Do you have all the latest fancy stuff from Windows Update installed? Any other special software installed?Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Guest northwestEWR

I'm the only user on the machine so I should be the Admin. I formatted my HD when I installed x64. No I haven't updated it yet but I'll give that a try.

I realise you are the only user, but when you installed you would have set a password for a user called administrator. You need to go into the control panel and open the User Accounts. You can then select to show it on the log in menu.Once this is done you can log in using it.RegardsRussell Jourdain (ANZ007/ZK-RHJ)

Guest northwestEWR

I'm using the Admin account..... It shows my username as Administrator.

Sorry,I have just re-read your post. Is it the zip file you cannot open? If so then I suspect it might be a corrupt download and the message is an erroneous one.If that is the case then I suggest you try re-downloading.RegardsRussell Jourdain (ANZ007/ZK-RHJ)

Guest northwestEWR

How can I redownload when it says my link expired ?

Nick-I just pulled up an account in your name, and find only the PMDG 747-400, but not a 400F...So now I'm confused. Either your account is under a different name (in which case you should let me know) or you do not have a legitimate copy of the 400F.If you let me know- i can better assist you....

Guest northwestEWR

I did buy the 400F ! I have the order email right here. Shall I send it to you ?It should be under rolldog393@verizon.net

Guest Just747-400

Nick,During testing I had installed for a while the XP64 on my machine and all I can tell you is this:The only improvement I noticed was that the disk access was faster compared to the XP Home or XP Professional. For some reason there are still problems with the drivers, I found myself in a few occasions where a new driver was available but could not install it, basically the zipped file will give errors like in your case or some other compatibility issues.Once I had a similar problem downloading a PMDG beta version and it turned out to be a corrupted file, I hope this is your case now and after the new download this issue will be fixed.The bottom line is that after so many problems and frustrations with this XP64 I don

Alex-Recently I had someone recommend O&O defrag to me- and recommend that I have it defrag my disks using the "Name" method. This boosted my texture loading and scenery loading speeds about 500% (subjective estimation....)I don't normally go online to recommend software- but this one I really do recommend....