Sign in to follow this  
Guest Raptor

Rudder resets it self !

Guest Raptor

Hi all,As we know, sometimes you must use pedals to move rudder in crosswind landing.My problem is pedals !I cannot move 'em except while taxing (on ground), on air I've tried so much but I couldn't.They move automatically while banking (without AP!!!).It's very strange, they move for (0.5 sec) and reset !I've disable autorudder before.It wasn't like that, I wish I know why it's being like that.-How to solve that stupid thing ?Regards,Abraham

The 747 has a custom yaw damper that actually does something instead of it being there for show. It will not override rudder pedal (or keyboard rudder) as AND WHILE commanded by the pilot (i.e.when rudder IS deflected). Otherwise it will resume normal operation.Sorry don't get this 0.5 sec thing. If this is of any help/relevance apply smooth and constant pressure on rudder at about 30 feet or so for de-crabing when landing with a cross wind. Also if you are as lucky as I am with my rudder pedals make sure that they remain calibrated for the flight duration....My usual practice of late is just before switching AP off unplug and re-plug the USB port. I gave up any effort of finding any other fix.By the way the yaw damper has nothing to do with the autopilot. Depends on hydraulics and IRS in NAV mode and ofcourse the switches on upper right corner of the overhead.Best,Vangelis===================================== E. M. Vaos Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Guest Raptor

Ok captain :)what shall I do?

Guest Raptor

Hi again,here's a video shows those pedals when flying.Remember: I didn't use joystick in this video or even plug it, just numpad.And the AP isn't engagedI wish I know why did it reset it self ?http://www.sendspace.com/file/l8zvqzwaiting for replysAbraham

Vangelis,I think your rudder problem may be due to the fact that the USB port is powering down after being idle for so long. Go into the hardware manager and disable the auto power off setting for the USB ports.Forgive me if you have already tried this, but I had the same problem with my CH yoke and this worked for me.Regards,Glenn H

Guest Raptor

I'll try but I'm not sure.thanks GlennHere's another video show you the pedals while flyingthe 1st ten seconds show you the pedals while Pused , they move very well.But when continue playing they being soooooo stupid (from 10 to 20). You cannot press any of them. They still in the middle anyway.However, when I trun the yoke (aileron) to right or left pedals also push itself! very stupid.http://www.sendspace.com/file/aed812NOTICE:-I didn't use joystick.-I've uninstall it and Install it twice it, but it doesn't change.-it's (V1R2).please give an answer.Abraham

Guest Raptor

>Vangelis,>>I think your rudder problem may be due to the fact that the>USB port is powering down after being idle for so long. Go>into the hardware manager and disable the auto power off>setting for the USB ports.>>Forgive me if you have already tried this, but I had the same>problem with my CH yoke and this worked for me.>>Regards,>>Glenn HI tried it........BUTit gave me the same!.please PMDG Team take look at thishttp://www.sendspace.com/file/aed812and find the solution.Abraham