Sign in to follow this  
Guest nik_the_greek

Frankfurt to Dubai - HOW?

Guest nik_the_greek

I'm planning on flying my first flight longer than 3 hours, and decided to go from Frankfurt to Dubai.But before I start planning the flight, I would like to know, if anyone could answer me some questions I have?a) How long is the flight (about 6-7 hours?):( Does anyone have a real world flight plan for this flight?c) What airline should I fly? I know that Lufthansa and Emirates fly with A340 and A330, but I would like to fly on the 747. Maybe EK Sky Cargo or Atlas Air?d) Is it possible to start with daylight at Frankfurt and to land at night in Dubai?Any help would be more than much appreciated!ThanxNik

Guest FBolli

Hi Nik!>a) How long is the flight (about 6-7 hours?)Something around 5 hours, depending on winds...>:( Does anyone have a real world flight plan for this flight?Not real world, but the routing comes from http://fpc.vacc-sag.org/, which provides CFMU validated routings: NOMBO3S NOMBO Y161 RIDAR UL605 BULEN UP975 EZS UT36 ALRAM G208 UMH UL223 LAM G666 DESDI>c) What airline should I fly? I know that Lufthansa and>Emirates fly with A340 and A330, but I would like to fly on>the 747. Maybe EK Sky Cargo or Atlas Air?EK Sky Cargo should do the job - they've got real world flights to FRA as far as I know.>d) Is it possible to start with daylight at Frankfurt and to>land at night in Dubai?Sure! As FRA is UTC+2 and DXB UTC+4 you can for example plan your takeoff around 1600 local time which would give you an approximate arrival time of about 2300 local time in DXB...Cheers,Flo

Guest nik_the_greek

Thank you very much Flo.I think I'll get started right away!Nik

Guest Filip

a. about 6 hoursb. sure no problem...here are some flightplans to OMDBEBBR - OMDB FL370SOPOK UY863 ETENO Y863 RUDUS UL984 BOMBI UM149 DETEV UL603 TEGBA UL605 NEKUL UT85 CND UL851 ADINA UL851 LAGIR UL851 KUGOS UT33 CRM UT34 RENGI UT36 ALRAM G208 UMH UL223 MESVI UL223 LAM G666 DESDIEGLL - OMDB FL370DVR UG1 KONAN UL607 SPI UZ714 BOMBI UL984 SULUS UZ650 LITKU UL620 REBLA UL601 CND UN616 DINRO UL601 ODERO UP975 EZS UT36 ALRAM G208 UMH UL223 LAM G666 DESDIEDDF - OMDB FL350NOMBO Y161 RIDAR UL605 RIXEN UA17 BAG UT31 DASIS UL333 TBZ UL125 ZAJ UL124 SAV R654 ISN UP574 SYZ G666 DESDIc. well a good solution would be a cargo airline - besides doing fixed schedules, most of them fly all over the world... to different places - it's not the same as scheduled passenger flightssome cariers flying to the middle east:- CKS Kalitta better known as "Connie" - subcontractor cargo flights for the US Forces- MKA MK Airlines known as "Kruger"- SVA Saudia Airlinesalthough most of them fly B747-200 B747-100 ...d. easy ... leave EDDF just before sunsethope this gets you started..Filip

Lufthansa has a flight with a 744F on a Thursday which leaves EDDF at 1345Z (1545 local) and arrives at OMDB at 1955Z (2355 local).

Guest nik_the_greek

Thanx guys!>Lufthansa has a flight with a 744F on a Thursday which leaves>EDDF at 1345Z (1545 local) and arrives at OMDB at 1955Z (2355>local).I thought LH doesn't operate the 747F anymore! Don't they use MD11F?Best regardsNik

Guest eddm

Hi,a) I use to check at www.expedia.com Emirates takes from fra to dubai 6:10 hours and return flight is 6:50 hours.:( I use to plan my routes at http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/sometimes they are very close to real life routesc) this one is up to you. If you go to www.airliners.netyou will se a DLH 747 at Palma, Helsinki, Madrid, London or Dubai.Sometimes airliners make with their aircrafts promo tours...I have seen a 747-400 DLH at milano linate, italy, many many years ago...d) yes as already mentioned...I have a very nice and useful "time zone indicator". I got it from Lufthansa. It's very easy! Just choose your prefered arr. time and you exactly know when to depart.

Air Atlanta operates 742Fs on behalf of Lufthansa

MK Airlines actually uses the callsign mike kilo alphaif you arent sure of a route, you can always fly atlas or polar, they are really big charter operations and fly all over the place

Guest afluhart

a) According to my VA timetables (which follow r/w timetables are updated from them) its about 6 hrs.:( I use RouteFinder... but I'm sure if you were to google it you would find something.c) Again according to my info I see the following 744/74F's going from eddf-omdb... atlas air, lufthansa, malaysia air, and dragon air. A couple of T7's via UAE, M1F via Eva, and a 753 via Condor.d) I'm sure anything over a couple of hours it wouldn't be hard to arrange... certainly if you are heading east.Hope all that helps... have fun! I know I've flown it a couple of times to try out the EDDF Mega and the flytampa omdb.

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Flew to NZCH via OMDB over Xmas last year (Emirates 777/A340). 6 hours going, very nearly 7 coming back (headwinds i guess). Very surprised that leaving EGLL at 22.30 (EK 006) OMDB was fog-bound on arrival and we nearly had to divert (Jeddah - I think the Captain said). Anyway, I use http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/ for routes and they are generally good and as far as I could tell from the air (I took a printout with me and compared it with the moving map display) - it seemed pretty accurate.By the way, if you haven't already got it loaded, on the www.avsim.com website, there is some excellent freeware scenery for OMDB.