Sign in to follow this  
Bob Church

Dark Moment ! Need Help with CH Control Manager

With the help from one of your posts I got the Buttons on my Yoke working with CH Control Manager.Now I need your help with getting the axis on my USB Yoke and Peddles to work. None of the following are working.Direct X checkedThrottle X AxisProp Z AxisMixture Y axisAilerons X AxisElevator Y AxisLeft Brake X Axis ReversedRight Brake Y Axis ReversedRudder Z AxisWhat am I doing wrong?Thank You!Bill

Hi BillIf you had previously set up your yoke and pedals from within FS2002 - in other words, without using CH Control Manager at all - and have now mapped new commands for your yoke USING CH Control Manager, then you will need to reprogram all the other commands again also - both key assignments and axes. I said in a previous post that you will find that what was showing up originally as "CH Products Yoke USB" within FS2002/OPTIONS/CONTROLS will now show up as "CH Control Manager Device 1". All commands need to be reprogrammed.If you have done all this and are still not finding your axis settings when you start flying, then it may be that the hardware has lost touch with its drivers during the process of activating the CH Control Manager for the first time - this has happened to me. Try simply unplugging and replugging the USB connections. You will see your computer recognise new hardware when you reconnect, and it will search for drivers. Just follow the steps to let it do this automatically and see where this takes you.I am assuming that you have done a simple reboot and started FS2002 again just in case it is simply a glitch in your system. Remember that FS2002 and all its add-ons is a complex animal, and sometimes it gets hiccups.If you still have problems, please shout again. I am no expert on this, but all I can say is that CH are not particularly adept at explaining their own products either!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Mark,I have done everything you have said. Yes I do see "CH Control Manager Device 1"( YOKE) and "CH Control Manager Device 2" (Peddles).But no axis are recognized. When I unplug and replug the peddles FS reverts back to the settings I had before CH Control Manager. Manager 1 and 2 are no longer listed. This all happens while I am in FS.I'm about to give up on this. CH doesn't explain their product well and with out your help I would not have gotten the buttons programmed. I may call CH direct and see if they can help while I'm sitting in front of the computer. Otherwise I'll forget about it.Thanks for your help.Bill

BillHang on in there. As long as you have "CH Control Manager Device 1" and "CH Control Manager Device 2" showing, all should be well. You must be able to select the "Joystick Axis" tab in each case and program the settings for each. No?Ensure that when you select this tab in each case, the bloody thing doesn't switch back to another input device (check the yoke selection box on the right) without you realising it.If for some reason the 'Axis' tab is not appearing, it doesn't appear to be a CH problem. However, do try their helpline ... it's a lot more efficient than you might expect, and a LOT better than the CH Control Manager interface itself which must have been designed by a demented iguana with a brain aneurism.The helpline is 760 598 2518, I think.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Mark,I spent 45 to 60 minutes with CH support. No joy. I still don't have Throttle, Prop, Mixture, and brakes working. He informed me that he was a temp. All Tech Support were away for the week. Not Impressed with CH support leaving temp to support customers for a week.I am running XP. Can you send me your mapped file? He had me setup axis in FS2002. I did not have to setup buttons in FS2002. Did you have to setup axis in FS2002? If so what was your config?Thanks for hanging with me.Regards!Bill

Bill,So the X and Y axes work okay in FS2K now? If you activate the map and then just go to the Game Controllers applet, can you see all 5 axes on the yoke and all 3 axes on the pedals in the test screen there? Do they seem to be working?Have you checked the sensitivity settings in FS2K2 for those axes? It does reset them to 0 sometimes when you're setting it up and that can make the axes look dead.- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com

Sorry to hear that CH are such a disaster. I can send you my mapped file if you give me your email address - seems I can't send attachments using the forum email system. However, that will only give you one button programmed through CH Control Manager. I have Roger Wilco transmit on Button 2, for which I reference LCTL. All other settings are made in FS2002.My axis settings for Control Device 1 (yoke) are Ailerons, Elevator, Throttle, Prop and Mixture. The settings for Control Device 2 (pedals) are Left Brake, Right Brake and Rudder.Let me know if you want the file anyway. I am also on XP. I guess the other thing I could do is send you my FS2002.CFG file, and you could extract the relevant bit for the yoke and pedals and drop it into yours. However, we need to get you being able to do this on your own set-up, as all the controls have a nasty habit of resetting themselves every so often. A classic example of this would be when you update CH Control Manager. Everything goes back to Square 1. For all that, they're good products for the money. We'll get you sorted eventually, I'm sure, with help from others too.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Guest gasebah

Hi,dark could you pls send me yr file too???Alex (remember?!)e-mail: gasebah@aol.comThx.

Bob,You were right. Sensitivity was the problem. ALL AXIS are working. Thanks You!Dark Moment thank you my friend. If you hadn't continued to respond to my messages I would have given up.Thanks for hanging with me.Are we ready to attack the CH Fighter Stick and CH Peddles. Hopefully with the information you both provided and the Temp from CH. I will be able to do this on my own.As an FYI the reason I got involved with CH Control Manager was due to a Throttle problem I am having using the BELL Helo with the Fighter stick when the Yoke is still plugged into the USB port. This conflict is only with the BELL. All other aircraft no conflict. So I thought if I make a map for Yoke and Peddles and an other one for Fighter Stick and Peddles. I would load the Yoke map when flyingwith it. Load the Stick map when flying the BELL.Wish me luck.Thanks again to all.Bill

OK, guys, let's try this. But before you make any changes to your system, please remember I'm a rank amateur and experimenting with all this as you are: so don't flame me if your aircraft fall out of the sky. Furthermore, this will only give you my own configuration, which is a Roger Wilco radio communication transmit toggle on Button 2 (the right hand yoke "fire" button) using LCTL (left CTRL on the keyboard) as the Roger Wilco key, which you have to set up separately within Roger Wilco.All below assumes you have:CH Products USB Pro YokeCH Products USB Pro PedalsCH Control Manager (latest version is 1.32) installed.CH Quick Start (also available from www.chproducts.com)Firstly, you'll need my CH Control Manager map. Send me an email at MABeaumont@aol.com and I'll send it to you. This needs to go into your CH Products/Control Manager/Maps folder. Gasebah, yours is on its way.Now back up your FS2002.CFG file as FS2002BK.CFG or something. In your resultant FS2002.CFG file, replace any reference to CH input devices (DON'T replace any regular joystick stuff you may have - I have a Logitech Wingman as well, for example) with the following (replace the round title brackets with square ones first):(JOYSTICK_MAIN {64FCF770-87C7-11D6-8001-444553540000})AXIS_EVENT_00=AXIS_AILERONS_SETAXIS_SCALE_00=64AXIS_NULL_00=36AXIS_EVENT_01=AXIS_ELEVATOR_SETAXIS_SCALE_01=64AXIS_NULL_01=36AXIS_EVENT_02=AXIS_THROTTLE_SETAXIS_SCALE_02=127AXIS_NULL_02=1AXIS_EVENT_04=AXIS_MIXTURE_SETAXIS_SCALE_04=0AXIS_NULL_04=0AXIS_EVENT_05=AXIS_PROPELLER_SETAXIS_SCALE_05=64AXIS_NULL_05=36BUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_00=AP_MASTERBUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_02=MINUSBUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_03=PLUSBUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_04=PARKING_BRAKESBUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_05=GEAR_TOGGLEBUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_06=FLAPS_DECRBUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_07=FLAPS_INCRBUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_08=VIEW_MODEBUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_09=VIEW_MODE_REVBUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_10=ELEV_TRIM_DNBUTTON_DOWN_REPEAT_10=1BUTTON_DOWN_EVENT_11=ELEV_TRIM_UPBUTTON_DOWN_REPEAT_11=1POV_MOVE_EVENT_00=PAN_VIEWPOV_MOVE_REPEAT_00=1(JOYSTICK_MAIN {64FF4160-87C7-11D6-8002-444553540000})AXIS_EVENT_00=AXIS_LEFT_BRAKE_SETAXIS_SCALE_00=-64AXIS_NULL_00=36AXIS_EVENT_01=AXIS_RIGHT_BRAKE_SETAXIS_SCALE_01=-64AXIS_NULL_01=36AXIS_EVENT_02=AXIS_RUDDER_SETAXIS_SCALE_02=127AXIS_NULL_02=1Note I have not included SLEW commands, as I personally use the keyboard for slewing. As I say, this is my own set-up only. The pedal commands are obvious (you may need to play with the null zones to suit yourself) and the yoke commands are:AP Master Toggle on/off on Button 1. Also on the left side, switch views forward and backward on the red buttons, and trim elevator on the grey buttons. On the right, RW on Button 2, hat switch, and zoom in/zoom out on the rocker switch. On the console, the three levers are throttle, prop and mixture respectively. The switches are: left, up for parking brake on/off, down for landing gear up/down; right, flaps up in increments, flaps down in increments.There is also a trim wheel on the left which is not mentioned in any CH Products documentation at all. Funny that. However, I use that to set up in FS and then make fine adjustments on the yoke as I fly.Try this out. You can always restore your original FS2002.CFG file. Hope this helps, fellas.Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontP.S. On a different note, I'm having trouble with my slew commands, which I only have activated to the keyboard. By default, it starts at 46,000 knots (ahem ...) when I hit the 'Y' key. Any experts on slewing out there?P.P.S. <<<<<>>>>> Bill, just seen your post. I've had this too. I think you'll find it's more than a mapping problem; the two can conflict. I also found that I lost torque on certain helis. What I've done myself is simply disable the throttle on the flightstick and I use the throttle on the yoke while manoeuvring with the stick. Actually feels more realistic too, as you would normally have control lever and collective, would you not? http://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Bob,>> You were right. Sensitivity was the problem. ALL AXIS are working. Thanks You! << You're more than welcome, Bill! I'm glad you got it working!>> Are we ready to attack the CH Fighter Stick and CH Peddles. Hopefully with the information you both provided and the Temp from CH. I will be able to do this on my own. <http://www.schiratti.comThere's a page there for Peter's stuff. Look for the files on FS2000 control assignments and FS2002 Control assignments. The FS2K2 version is just a listing of the controls, the FS2000 version has a lot of info on how to assign things, etc. that the FS2K2 version refers to.Other than that, nothing to do but give it a try and see how it goes. Having gone through it once, it should be easier this time.BTW, there's a site up with some maps and other info on programming the CM. It's mainly aimed at combat sims, but you might find some interesting info there. The URL is:http://home.fuse.net/mmz/index.htmif you want to take a look.Good luck with the second map, let us know how it goes!- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com

Mark,Just an FYI. The latest install puts the CHStart utility in the Control Manager folder. Normally that's:Program FilesCH ProductsControl ManagerThey don't set it up, but the file is there and it saves the separate download.- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com

Guest gasebah

Thx fr all yr help. I finally achieved exactly what I wanted. It never would have really been a problem. I just got totally confused because FS2002 sets the sensitivities to zero (and reverses axis). I never checked that because mixture and prop axis are hidden when you open the sensitivities menu. You have to scroll down to see them. The mean thing was that the throttle as the only rotate axis was not set to zero. Other than that it was o.k.I am glad to have this forum!!!!Thx evrybdy.Alex

Mark,As I said earlier my reason for getting involved with CH Control Manager was a throttle issue with the Yoke and Stick. Well it does solve the conflict between the two. I setup a map for the stick and peddles. In the Stick map NO axis are configured. This is done in FS2002. I use FS2002 to configure the Yoke and Peddles. If I am going to fly the Bell Helo I activate the Stick map. If I am going to fly any other aircraft I use FS2002 configuration.Thanks again for getting me to this point. If you have any questions let me know.Regards!Bill