Sign in to follow this  
Guest 744nut

failures 744

Guest 744nut

Hi guys,something for the "wishlist" (don

Ton-(I'm poking fun at you)A statistical variance cannot be "more realistic" than an identical statistical variance.What you are asking is about whether the cumulative time can be saved... Has nothing to do with "realism."We'll see.....

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest 744nut

Robert,"I'm poking fun at you" No problem with that ;-)Indeed I was asking for saving cumulative time but also to extend the range of time (X event per 100 hrs instead of 10 hrs). Statistically the number of malfunctions on an aircraft will be closer to x event per 100 than 10 hrs, some people call that "more realistic" ;-) But real realistic would not be fun anymore: 1 broken bulb in the galley in 1000 hrs :-)regardsTon

I have my girlfriend (a very patient one at that, who is dealing with my flight sim obsession, especially since PMDG rolled her 744 series out) roll dice, and depending on the odds i tell her (i.e., 33% chance of failure, or 45%) she gets, I let her decide what failures occurs, without me knowing. I usually go to the kitchen or something, and she calls me back to tell her that the plane is ready. I never know if there is a problem, until it occurs during my run. :)Nerdy, but fun.Tomas

Guest 744nut

Hi Tomas,That is a solution too! A "build in girlfriend" ;-) I use another 744 sim and there you can download from the internet a randomized ini. file where malfunctions are included. I don

if pmdg could include a girlfriend/boyfriend with their products... they would be billionaires. :)tomas

Guest AJ

>if pmdg could include a girlfriend/boyfriend with their>products... they would be billionaires. :)>>tomasI can see it now, The Official PMDG Mile High Club.Andrew