Sign in to follow this  
lostmoon

Most interesting airport...

What do you guys think is the most interesting airport in the U.S.A. to fly the 744 out/in of?Some parameters to consider:visual beautychallenging approaches/departuresunique characteristcs (i.e., high altitude, extremely hot/cold, dry/wet.Or anything else to consider. The airfield doesn't have to be for 744 operations only. But, would be curious to know, since I will start to fly more in U.S. airspace (sim-wise, anyway)Regards,Tomas

Good idea for a thread Tomas!It's not in the USA, but I always enjoy MMMX (Mexico City), in particular at night. The city surrounds the airport and there's high ground all around. If you have some good night-time city textures the effect is stunning. The field elevation is high too so your actual groundspeed on departure and arrival is a bit higher than when at sea level, lucky the runway is extra long.Coming into KSFO is always a treat too. If you like night-flying then approaching from the south over San Jose is a real buzz.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Callmecapt

Try UHPP with real weather. coming in to land on one of the runways, you almost always get hit by wind shear. Nice quiet corner of the world.Goran

Mark and Goran,Thanks for the input! I will try all your suggestions. Mark, I am looking fwd to the MMMX flight.I do say, I Like VHHH very much, and the old Kai Tak airport.Tomas

> Mark, I am looking fwd to the MMMX flight.You'll enjoy it I'm sure. But if you do come in at night watch those hills on the approach!!! I suggest you get an approach chart for the ILS to make sure you stay out of the high ground.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg