Sign in to follow this  
Guest acv130

Transparent Plane?

Guest ty7531598246

Okay, half of my plane is transparent and I have no idea why?!?! I got the plane, everything works fine, except that half of my plane (the left side) is see-through, like I can see all of the passenger seats, the holds... everything! Please help, I've looked everywhere for an answer!!191831.jpg

Wow! That's pretty cool.Does it do that only in the Free Flight preview or also while the flight is running?This happens, but not common, and is usually due to video drivers or something in the video card settings. I'm not a hardware guy, so can't offer much help here but the forum has many that are. Meanwhile, make sure you have current drivers and check the settings.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest ty7531598246

Yup, sure does, in-flight and in preview. I mean, I love the PMDG... but I didn't pay for it to be see-through, you know what I mean? lol Thanks and will-do. I hope to get some kind of an answer... lol...

>Disable the DX10 preview option.I am guessing that is not the issue. I also have seen this happen to me. It almost 100% of the time happens while flying at night. For me it is very random and if I stop the flight, shut down FSX and restart will go away. It is extremely hard (here at least) to narrow down the cause and happens very rarely.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

Guest ty7531598246

These are my specs, the problem may be caused by me having very sucky specs, lol... they are as follows:Intel Celeron CPU 2.53GHz1.00GB of RAMWindows XP Pro./SP2Intel 82865G Graphics Controller

Please sign your full name to your posts, forum rule.That is a VERY low end machine you're running on - it doesn't even meet the minimum requirements for the plane as listed on our site actually.My guess is that the onboard graphics card is the main cause of this - you need to get an Nvidia or ATI video card in there, Intel onboard graphics are notorious for glitching and bad performance in games. They use the main system RAM for their video RAM and my guess is that you're saturating it and that's why textures aren't showing correctly.A Celeron CPU (of any speed) is also nowhere near adequate for running FSX.You can try updating your video drivers at Intel's site, but the real fix is going to have to be gettin a much better machine using a real video card by Nvidia or ATI.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>What video card and driver version is this?Mine is an NVidia 8800GTX. Current version of drivers is 177.79. Previous version was 175.19 and one before that was 175.16.Have not had the issue appear for a while now so cant really say with any certainly which version I was using when it last happened.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

I get it every now and again and, well, the specs below say it all. So I doubt it is hardware related. I would say it is more than likely to be driver related (although it wouldn't harm upgrading your graphics).

Ed Haslam

It could be something FSX is doing then - it's hardly the best piece of software in the world.Best regards,Robin.

Guest ty7531598246

Well, when I get a new computer (whenever that will be with prices) we'll see if it really is hardware related, until then, thank you all for your great help and mature replys. May God bless you all and give you flawless flight.With honor & respect,Slone, T.

No problem, glad to offer help. In the meantime it may be worth trying some older versions of the driver. Remember to uninstall your old driver first. It is even worth using a driver removing program to do this to make sure you completely remove it prior to installing the next one. Just work your way back in driver versions until you find one that works.You can download drivers/driver cleaners etc for free from sites such as guru3d:http://www.guru3d.com/... amongst others.

Ed Haslam

Guest acv130

Hello Pilots,I have the same issue. Running FSX on Vista 32 bit.2 GB RAM, Quad CPU, 2 x NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 512MB SLI Mode.I saved using both DXT5 option of NVIDIA plug-in for photoshop. Got the same result.Maybe if you guys can post a very detailed step by step instruction on how to edit the textures would be great. I have no problems with it in FS2004, only fsx.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/191996.jpgRegards,Rayen

Guest angel0fmars

im having this problem too. my specs are:intel quad core Q6600 (2.4 GHz)3GB RAMintel G33/G31 express chipset family w/ latest update from intel website (as of 4/15)windows vista premium 32-bithope this might help narrow down a few causes. btw, i looked on the PMDG OPs and they said something about a "see-through skeleton". they told me to reinstall everything. i tried and it didn't work.Eric T.