Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

OK. Be honest. Anyone with an actual midair??

Hi All: OK. Be honest anyone here actually have a midair collision (that was not intentional)with an AI aircraft? If not, how close was your closest call? Mine was flying into Charlotte NC a ways back. I was on an IFR flight plan in VFR conditions (luckly!) I was given a vector to intercept the LOC. by MS's wonderful ATC :-hah. Fortunately I was listening the the other radio calls and I heard another plane cleared to land stright in. I looked out the co-pilot side window and there it was. It was huge! And had JETS (I was in the C-172)! To this day I don't know what kind of A/C it was (I was too busy diving)! But that was my close call!Aynone else?Mark McLeroy

I didn't think that wake turbulance or Jet blasts were recreated in FS2K2? Anyone else have this happen to them?Mark McLeroy

I got hit by a learjet from behind. I was landing my Cessna 172 on an ILS approach into KSNA when poof stupid AI LearJet flew right through me on the ILS glideslope. I was using ATC and everything. Ii was probably a bug...-Ian Neubert

I had one cross in front of me close enough to read the registrationwhile flying at cruse altitude.

Hi Ian: Yea definitly a bug. More than once I landed on a runway just to have an AI fly over my head and land in front off me. I try to get of the runway A.S.A.P..

Guest Joshieca

>I didn't think that wake turbulance or Jet blasts were >recreated in FS2K2? Anyone else have this happen to them? >>Mark McLeroy I didn't think so either, but I was at FL and a 757 crossed right in front me, I would say closer than 1/10 of mile. Messed up my auto pilot, sent me down several thousand feet. I was flying at 4X speed so maybe that had something to do with it.

Guest PhilC

I was chasing a Jumbo Jet in the T-38 the other night and got a little close, lost temporary control and crossed over within 100 feel of the top of the jet. Could hear the loud roar of the Jumbo's engines as I did. Tried to do a playback and then remembered that M$FS does not playback the AI. Bummer!Looked really cool as I was behind the Jumbo and we crossed the 30,000 foot mark and the contrails kicked in. What fun!

Guest Delta_747

I was reaching crusing altitude one time when all of a sudden I was hit in the side by a default 737. That's the only time it's happened ever since I've had FS2002.

Anyone ever seen two AI hit each other?

I've seen two close calls, one myself, one both AI :) Both at Paris-CDG!1. I was flyin' my Jaco Du Preez painted POSKY BA 777 in an 'Animals & Trees' tail from London-Heathrow to Paris-CDG. I landed smoothly and went on a roll down the runway. There were two planes behind me on approach, a PAI Air France A320 & a default SIA 744. The PAI plane retraced gear just before reaching the runway and went for a go-around. But the SIA plane landed and came within a few meters of me and took off again! :D Pic:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d3d06484d65111a.jpg2. Was sittin' around idle at Paris watching the busy default AI (this was before Project AI) in the morning. There were three planes on approach, Finnair MD80 no1, United King Air no2, and Iberia 734 no3. A Malaysian jumbo had landed and was on the runway so the Finnair MD80 went around. The 747 then got off the runway. Then both birds came on approach, the Iberia smashed right into the King Air!BTW these are not actually midairs, but at least close calls ;) http://212.212.159.238/svedude/imagesP/sqcoasig.jpg

Hi,Never been hit, but I've had several close calls :-eekLast time was in my POSKY/PIC SAS 767 PANC-KMIA 21jul02. Was flying real weather and FSMETEO. From the winds I figured RWY 09R in use and planned for that. On descent, ATC gave vectors for 09R, however ATIS said active RWY 27L :-zhelpTrue enough: Landing config, 2000 ft AGL, TWR: "Cleared for ILS 27L".Hit TOGA, and then: A B777 taking off from 27L suddenly filled more and more of my windscreen!!! Distance max 500 ft, as it passed over me. That was MIGHTY close!BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest Boone

Got rammed from behind (I know - sounds a bit dodgy!) the other day by a PAI 737 whilst on final at Heathrow in a posky 747! I was bummed (excuse the pun) big time as I had just flown all the way from Los Angeles!Boone

They are kinda floating above the wingtips! :-lolWolfgang