Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gray_Lensman

Wings Rocking Back and Forth

Guest Gray_Lensman

Flying the 737-600, with all weather off, for some time testing, I'm doing, I have noticed a continual rocking back and forth of the wings in stable flight at FL260 (happens in other FLs also). I was wondering if that is a design thingy to give the illusion of flight or is it some actual characteristic of the 737.I have flown many flights and I never really observed a continual rocking in any of those flights. If this is supposed to add to the illusion of flight, it doesn't, it detracts. Matter of fact, reminds me of a child pretending to fly a toy airplane.

Hi Gray,If my memory serves me correctly, the rocking is the result of the FMC making small corrections to follow the lateral track in LNAV mode.More recent PMDG releases have a smoother approach to this lateral navigation. In fact I thought the 737 800/900 add-on itself improved the behaviour.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi Mark, I was just wondering if you can hear enginee start up sounds in your 744-F/PAx version with all updated drivers? do you hear engine spooling up during start up, and engine spooling down during cutoff?i can't hear it on my F and Pax, and i have all the latest updates.just wondering if you can reply back and see if you hear those sounds.thanks,tomas

Hi Gary,Have you checked to see if the Yaw Damper is on? (Overhead Panel, upper LHS)Neil

Guest Gray_Lensman

>Hi Gary,>>Have you checked to see if the Yaw Damper is on? (Overhead>Panel, upper LHS)>>NeilNo Joy with Yaw Damper offI tried taking it up to 37000 vs 26000 thinking that might help... Still Rocking, however, w/ or w/o Yaw Damper.I really like the detail that PMDG puts into their products, but this rocking thing needs to be dealt with. It's outright silly, From the external (outside) trail view and zoomed in so the wings are all the way to the edge of the monitor, there is no noticable rocking at all. So this seems to be a cockpit view thing.

Guest Gray_Lensman

Spoke to soon... The effect is noticable after awhile even in the external view mentioned above, so it must be a performance characteristic.

I haven't tested this thoroughly, but it seems like the effect is worse with wx off. I've not noticed it (not that it's happening) with ActiveSky online generating upper winds. I could be wrong.

Dan Downs KCRP

I can recall hundreds of posts demanding flexing of the wings in the product. People ask for things like that without even realizing what they are asking for. Realistic wing flexing would take enormous amount of time to simulate correctly so the right thing to do was for PMDG to say "sorry, since we can't do it right we won't do it at all" but then you can imagine the general outcry - how come ABC's simulation has flexing wings and yours doesn't, how come, etc.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...argo_hauler.gifhttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg