Sign in to follow this  
Guest jps611

747-400F Engine Sounds

Guest jps611

Just got the 747-400F and it seems that the engine sounds are really low. I can bearly hear them. All volumns are turned up to the max.Is this normal or did I miss something? I don't really mind the low noise level, I just need to know if this is normal.ThanksJPS

hi jps,there is indeed a sound problem with the latest version of the -F and also affected the PAX version. During their latest update, something happened that made the sounds more muted, and also removed engine start and shutdown sounds!I think they are making a fix for it, but not sure. no word yet from them yet officially. it was mentioned that it was being worked on, but no publish dates yet. PMDG, is this still on your docket?thankstomas

Guest dt1951

Think about what you just said. In the cockpit you are well above and in front of the engines. It would be unrealistic to incorporate much engine sound in the cocpit. In reality there is much in the way of engine sounds that get up there in a real 744. They are well aft, well below, and outboard of the cockpit. Just where they belong, not in the cockpit with you.

Hi guys,The engine sounds have been edited accordingly to reflect a more realistic sound experience in the cockpit. Generally the volume of the engines are very low at the front of the aircraft, until you go to max thrust, then things become more noticable! I would suggest sticking to the recommended sound settings to get the best sound experience. The important sound settings are:Engines: 50Cockpit: 30Environment: 50PMDG Sound Slider: 60Then you can turn up your master computer volume or speakers as required.Startup and shutdown sounds - The original method was replaced with a clever system based on the actual RPM of the engine, rather than a trigger point as in the past, so the startup sounds are there, but just a bit quieter. Also the RR engine startup is the quietest of all so its barely audible in the cockpit, as in real life.As for a further sound update, I believe there is something in the pipeline. ;)Armen L Cholakianhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Guest jps611

Thanks Captains, I just needed to make sure all was as it should be.JPS