Sign in to follow this  
Guest cherbowskidd

Issue with the LNAV on the PMDG 747

Guest cherbowskidd

Dear Avsim CommunityI recently bought the Queen of the Skies for FS9, the airplane is a magnificent aircraft to fly, I mean I have been impressed with the flight dynamics as well as the cockpit, and the model, everything in it is perfect. I currently fly for deltava.org and I was attempting a long haul flight, but shortly after takeoff I engaged the LNAV and it followed the route perfectly but when getting to the first point it just circled around it without ever moving on to the next one, so I skipped that point, and went to the next, where my plane did the same thing, it just circled the point without ever getting past it or ever dismissing it from the FMC. I love this plane but this issue is making it hard for me to fly the plane on long haul routes, therefore I am asking of all of you to please help me with this issue so I could get use the plane for a long while. I am currently using Windows Vista, and FS9, nothing else in my FS or Windows is wrong except this issue, and yes I have read all of the manuals, I am a dedicated pilot, and have flown the level d 767, PMDG 737NG, wilco airbus, and e-jets, therefore I don't think it has to do much with my lack of knowledge in this issue. So I would greatly appreciate it if you would please help me. Thank you for the RepliesDaniel Cherbowski

1) what is being displayed as the active autopilot modes on the EADI? 2) Check your joystick configuration ( this might be a rudder issue).To confirm if its a rudder issue check the STAT on the ECAS.Youll want the rudder to be straight.

Guest cherbowskidd

Thanks for the quick response, as the active pilot shows GPS, IRS. active on the EADI, and I have already checked my joystick configuration and the rudder is straight, I mean the plane flies perfectly and it follows the path, but when it reaches the point it flies over it until the distance is 0.0nm. and then just starts turning around it. I don't know what the problem is yet.thank you daniel cherbowski