Sign in to follow this  
de Lattre WGA

Strange FPS problem

Hello,I wonder if any of you have experience this:Flight from LFPG to HECA with Air France 744F and ASV6 online.Absolutely no FPS problem till mid descent to HECA, where the FPS in 2D and VC are at 5.2, and spot view at 25.The computer memory is at 1300 at that time and FS.EXE at 370.000.Running on the computer at the same time is Kaspersky anti virus mainly, other wise InCd from Nero and the current processus.The other prob is for that flight going after to VTBD, I was supposed to have 72.000 LBS of fuel remaining, while at 300 dme from HECA. I entered the approach in the FMC, and then I start to have the "Insufficient Fuel" warning message. I checked the datas, to be sure that one waypoint was not corrupt, and for example on the other side of earth, but every thing was OK.This is funny because I have completely reinstalled my 2 Hard drive after suffering an unexpected combo of blu screen of death and a C drive failure, and before, IE 2 weeks ago, the 744F was not giving me those message.I have encountered only one time the FPS problem, with the Corsair 744 on a flight from LFPO to FMEE, and still in approach and landing condition.Forgot to say that of course I have the latest drivers, and my 2 HD are permanently defragmented (when needed) with Diskeeper.Thanks very much for any advice.Cyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAMATI X800 GT 256 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

Hi CyrilleThanks for all past help from you on other forums that you visit, saw you post and thought i would try and reply. Your pc seems about the same spec as mine and I also do most of my flights online. I sometimes suffer a "temporary seizure" when coming into land at heavy scenery areas, and have always assumed that I am running out of pc resources and it sorts itself out in under a minute, but I have never asked the controllers what they see when i am in a seized position as i can't move till it comes back to life. And as fps seems so much machine orientated I doubt you will crack this nut unless you can make it repeatable and try freeing up some resources like not have ASV6 on at the same time as VATSIM injecting its own weather etc. As for the fuel problem I am surprised that a pilot of your experience allowed yourself to fly without sufficient fuel (joke of course):) I was wondering what you had in your fmc as the reserve fuel, as you would get that message if you got to your reserve value, but actually had sufficient fuel in the tanks. Not sure any of the above is of any real help to you but was nice to say hiregardsJohn CallejaBAW352

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Hey,Thanks for the reply300 dme before enteruing the arrival procedure I was supposed to have 72.000 Lbs remaining in the tank upon landing. Right after entering the arrival it goes to 0 and insuficient fuel.As of weather, I have disabled vatsim weather in SB3, and use only ASV6We'll see if I can reproduce.CheersCyrille de LattreAsus P4P800/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAMATI X800 GT 256 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester