Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

LANDING ALTITUDE SWITCH question

LANDING ALTITUDE SWITCH

Hi DirkI read your post and thought I would try and answer it. Firstly I am assuming it is the 744 or 74F that you are referring to. The switches that you are referring to are on the overhead panel but just worded slightly differently to what you have quoted. The last two are exactly as printed and assuming these are not a problem for you. So in my opinion the Landing altitude switch is actually labelled LDG ALT and the choice is Manual or OFF so I am guessing if you have that switch off then the landing altitude on the cabin altitude panel is set automatically even though it is not labelled as such. (This panel is just under the Yaw damper buttons on the overhad panel) hope this helps.regardsJohn CallejaBAW352

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Thanks, John. That is exactly what I'm asking for. >>So in my opinion the Landing altitude switch is actually labelled >>LDG ALT and the choice is Manual or OFF.I cant see any choices though, no inscriptions on the panel.>>so I am guessing if you have that switch off How can I say it is off or on, which switch, how does it look at least? Or am I looking at a different one?>>hope this helps :-hmmm yet, :-) thanks for your time anyway.

Hi AgainI do see what you mean as I just had another look at the switch marked LDG ALT, so the way to know which way it is switched, either manual or off, first go to options then settings on the fs9 drop down menu, then select general, then click the box that says "show cockpit tooltips", then when you go to the LDG ALT switch just put your mouse over the switch and it will tell you how it is set, then clicking the switch will show you what you have it set at now. Also if you have the EICAS with the ENG button pressed so that on the upper EICAS the one nearest the gear handle on the bottom left of the display written in blue writing will be the current position of that switch. on mine it says LDG ALT auto and when i flick the switch on the overhead it says MAN in yellow. But a close look at the switch and it does not physically change from one position to the other but it does show in the upper EICAS. Also when you flivk the switch (i am doing this with no engines running just electrics, when the switch is on manual i get a yellow message on the upper EICAS saying Landing Alt.Think we are both learnign something here lolregardsJohn CallejaBAW 352

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

>Hi Again>I do see what you mean as I just had another look at the>switch marked LDG ALT, so the way to know which way it is>switched, either manual or off, first go to options then>settings on the fs9 drop down menu, then select general, then>click the box that says "show cockpit tooltips", then when you>go to the LDG ALT switch just put your mouse over the switch>and it will tell you how it is set, then clicking the switch>will show you what you have it set at now. Also if you have>the EICAS with the ENG button pressed so that on the upper>EICAS the one nearest the gear handle on the bottom left of>the display written in blue writing will be the current>position of that switch. on mine it says LDG ALT auto and when>i flick the switch on the overhead it says MAN in yellow. But>a close look at the switch and it does not physically change>from one position to the other but it does show in the upper>EICAS. Also when you flivk the switch (i am doing this with no>engines running just electrics, when the switch is on manual i>get a yellow message on the upper EICAS saying Landing Alt.>Think we are both learnign something here lol>regards>John Calleja>BAW 352Great tip, thanks, John! I know most of the questions stem from RTFM, but an illustrated manual like the one that I downloaded from AVSIM today (for PBMDG747 in French, but still very illuminating) would help a lot in the first place. I wonder why going down to a smallest technical detail in vast documentation package (that will come in the picture mach later anyway) but no organized pictured walkthrough to all the systems, panels and buttons that are refered in the procedures?Anyway, thanks to David Roch (great walkthrough in French) and your tips I hope I'll be able to catch up with the fantastic Type Rating Course by Robert S. Randazzo (PMDG).