Sign in to follow this  
Pod562

PMDG 747 for FS9 Spoilers problem

I know this is a long shot because noone else seems to have experienced problems with the spoilers on the 747 for FS9, but I have just started to periodically lose control of the spoilers during flight. I can extend them but not retract them, either with keystrokes or the mouse or my saitek yoke configured with FSUIPC.I can solve the problem by saving the flight and then reloading it, which is strange. The problem first appeared after installing FS2Crew but I am assured this program has no control over spoilers.I have done all the normal things, checked for conflicts etc, tried not activating FS2crew, but to no avail. The spoliers work fine on the ground, but after a while in the air, they stop responding.Any advice would be gratefully received.Renzo

Bill Miller

Are you using / to extend and Shift+/ to retract? When having the keyboard command issue, can you control with the mouse in the VC cabin?

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Renzo,I had a similar issue, where the spoilers would not extend or retract even on the ground. You could see the spoiler position on the STAT EICAS page shift ever so slightly and then return automatically to the retracted position. Likewise, the spoiler handle in the Throttle window would also move slightly when commanded but within a split second return to the retracted position.I finally figured out that this happens when the throttles are not fully closed. What was happening was the joystick (with a throttle) was not calibrating itself on WinXP startup, which meant the joystick throttle position and 747 logic did not agree after starting FS.I'm not sure if it is PMDG and/or real 747 logic preventing spoiler movement on the ground when the throttles are out of closed, but everything works normal when I make sure the joystick is calibrated and the throttles are actually in the closed position (pressing F1 key).So it might be something to do with throttle position and/or the F1 key?Subin.

Guest tompeel

This is really strange, because I had the same problem in flight during descent exactly two days ago - August 21st - and never before. I do not have FS2Crew. Is the date relevant?

I haven't tried using the spoilers in the virtual cockpit but I will try.I will also check out my throttle calibration and report back.Thanks for the advice.RegardsRenzo

Bill Miller

Guest tompeel

This happened to me in normal view, not VC. I can only say that I tried to retract the spoilers with both keystroke and mouseclick in both 2D and VC view, and nothing worked.CheersTomBTW I will report if and when this happens again.

Also happened to me for the first time the other day on descent into WSSS. Had spoilers extended but they would not retract no matter what I did (key, mouse, VC etc.) Had to save and exit FS and reload the flight, and they then retracted and operated as they always have done (normally).

Also happened to me for the first time the other day on descent into WSSS. Had spoilers extended but they would not retract no matter what I did (key, mouse, VC etc.) Had to save and exit FS and reload the flight, and they then retracted and operated as they always have done (normally).
I have the same problem, im using fs2crew as well any idea ? during descent I extend spoilers to slow down but I cant retarct not using / key or mouse.Did someone found the solution ?

HiNo solution that works for me. Sorry I cannot be of more help. Problem only in the air and did start after I installed FS2Crew but there is no logical reason why this addon should affect the spoilers, apparently.RegardsRenzo

Bill Miller

HiNo solution that works for me. Sorry I cannot be of more help. Problem only in the air and did start after I installed FS2Crew but there is no logical reason why this addon should affect the spoilers, apparently.RegardsRenzo
I did a free flight now and it stuck once retracted.One more thing, I fly the GE model, try and see if it happens on free flight on the PW RR models as well.Let me know.

Hi there PMDG and co.This has happened for another few times to me now - it is a highly frustrating problem! I always use the mouse to extend the spoilers and usually retract with the "/" key or the mouse. None of my joystick (Microsoft Sidewinder 2) buttons are set to deal with spoilers, nor do I have any of the control surfaces or overrides on (obviously if I move the stick too much the autopilot disconnects).Do any of you have any thoughts or ideas I could try? It is strange it is a problem that I never experienced before a month or two ago with the aircraft, and I haven't changed anything hardware-wise in that time.I can solve the problem by saving the flight and re-loading it there and then. Only problem is, am usually on descent when using spoliers, and as you know, the FMC forgets some things when loading a saved flight, as well as the plane behaves like a maniac whilst all the settings "click back in" when reloading from a saved flight, even if it is paused.My specs are:Macbook ProIntel Core2Duo 2.4GHz2GB RAMNvidia 8600GT 256MBWindows XP Professional 32-bit, SP2Apple USB keyboard (also functions as a windows keyboard)USB mouseFS9.1PS sorry to bring it back up again now with the MD-11 rampant, but I was just wondering if any of you had some ideas or experience with the matter?

I doubt it's an FS2Crew issue I'd be hearing about that 50 times a day if it was a genuine bug in the code.However, the easiest way to rule FS2Crew out of the equation is to open the FS2Crew Start Center and press the "Restore Panel CFG" button.That will restore the PMDG panel.cfg to its original state, and FS2Crew will not get loaded because because FS2Crew only consists of gauge files that get loaded via the FS2Crew modified version of the panel.cfg, not the original panel.cfg.Hope that makes sense.Cheers,

I doubt it's an FS2Crew issue I'd be hearing about that 50 times a day if it was a genuine bug in the code.However, the easiest way to rule FS2Crew out of the equation is to open the FS2Crew Start Center and press the "Restore Panel CFG" button.That will restore the PMDG panel.cfg to its original state, and FS2Crew will not get loaded because because FS2Crew only consists of gauge files that get loaded via the FS2Crew modified version of the panel.cfg, not the original panel.cfg.Hope that makes sense.Cheers,
Hi there Bryan - I would give what you said a go, but I don't have FS2Crew. Sorry, I forgot to say. It probably would have been prudent to mention that in my post yesterday!Thanks for your reply all the same :)Any other ideas out there from PMDG or other members?

Hi there Bryan - I would give what you said a go, but I don't have FS2Crew. Sorry, I forgot to say. It probably would have been prudent to mention that in my post yesterday!Thanks for your reply all the same :)Any other ideas out there from PMDG or other members?
Guess that rules out FS2Crew then :( Cheers,

Guess that rules out FS2Crew then :( Cheers,
Yep. You're in the clear :)No ideas from the clever makers of this lovely 747? Or is this something that is baffling to you as well?Rudy