Sign in to follow this  
Pod562

PMDG 747 for FS9 Spoilers problem

I've had the same problem with the 737. Try pressing Shift+/ to re-arm the spoilers. Works for me!

Guest carlosla
Hi Renzo, I had a similar issue, where the spoilers would not extend or retract even on the ground. ......So it might be something to do with throttle position and/or the F1 key? Subin.
The same thing happened to me. (I think it started after installing the drivers for the Saitek's Pro Flight Yoke and Throttle quadrant). Guided by your (Subin) observations, I noticed that closing the throttles with the F1 key, the N1 readings of the engines decreased to a lower value than closing the throttles with the handle of my Logitech joystick. Therefore, most probably, the reason why the spoilers do not extend on the ground is because the PMDG-747 does not detect that the throttles are fully closed. But I also noticed that setting (at Options -> Controls -> Sensibilities) the null zone of the accelerator axis of my joystick to 0% (i.e. to the minimum position of the slider) the throttles can be closed fully enough (without having to press the F1 key) and the spoilers behave correctly (they extend at touchdown if they have been previously armed).Carlos L

Guest carlosla
Hi Renzo, I had a similar issue, where the spoilers would not extend or retract even on the ground. You could see the spoiler position on the STAT EICAS page shift ever so slightly and then return automatically to the retracted position. Likewise, the spoiler handle in the Throttle window would also move slightly when commanded but within a split second return to the retracted position. I finally figured out that this happens when the throttles are not fully closed. What was happening was the joystick (with a throttle) was not calibrating itself on WinXP startup, which meant the joystick throttle position and 747 logic did not agree after starting FS. I'm not sure if it is PMDG and/or real 747 logic preventing spoiler movement on the ground when the throttles are out of closed, but everything works normal when I make sure the joystick is calibrated and the throttles are actually in the closed position (pressing F1 key). So it might be something to do with throttle position and/or the F1 key? Subin.
P.S. Using the Saitek's Pro Flight Yoke and Throttle quadrant (instead of the Logitech joystick) I have noticed that the 747 spoilers behave correctly at touchdown if the null zone of the accelerator axis of the yoke-throttle is set at a small percent (not necessarily at the minimum).Carlos L

I just had this problem on descent. Spoilers locked at flight detent, an nothing would shut them. Continued to landing, and right on touchdown, the spoilers closed. Was disappointed to find there was no solution for this problem in the forum.I was in a high-memory usage state, and wondered whether that would cause the problem. Was not using FS2Crew.Was using CH throttle quadrant (axes all set up fine, though, and the keyboard override didn't work).Bryn.

Streaming at twitch.tv/brynmwr

This is an old thread. I found it doing a google search about the same problem, the spoilers not retracting during flight. Turns out the culprit is FSCopilot/FSINN. Prior to this particular problem I discovered that this software had also caused me two other problems...1. With the Level-D 767 when on the ground you get a "gear disagree" message on the EICAS. This is caused by FSCopilot/FSINN2. If FS Flightkeeper is started before you initialize the FSINN controll panel then FS Flightkeeper will crash and restart when you do open the FSINN control panel.If I disable FSCopilot/FSINN by renaming the fscopilot.dll to fscopilot.zzz all three problems go away with everything being the same. Just thought you all might like to know.

Dave Paige